Gallbladder Stones Are Ruining My Life...

Posted , 4 users are following.

Before 2018, I was fine and dandy like sugar candy. On the 5th of Jan, I thought I was dying, so I called the ambulance. I didn't know what was happening, all I knew was there was pain in my back and chest area. I went to A&E and waited in "pain" for hours upon end until someone saw me. After hours of morphine and pills and so on I was finally seen by the doctors. I stayed in Hospital for two days, horrible place. I was free and they gave me pills (the wrong pills). Even though I'd been scanned it seems they'd misdiagnosed me. They thought my gallstones was a "kidney stone". I took the pills when I returned home.... but knew something just wasn't right. I started bleeding from my nose and found no relief. I then got the pain again and it wouldn't go away, so I made my way back to hospital. I was in hospital for a week and was released yesterday. They gave me three sets of pills which I have to take at 7AM, 8AM, 12PM and 10PM. If I miss taking them I get an attack. I had one last night... (they are antibiotics and are supposed to be helping me). I'm on a 6 week waiting list for gallbladder removal. I find it to be quite sucky, because I did some research and you have to endure countless pain that goes on for months, after the surgery. I changed my diet and have only been eating fruit and vegetables. But I can't eat sometimes.... the water helps.  I found when you have an attack and just start drinking a lot of water you feel better. I invested in foods that were healthy, beetroot, grapes, blueberries and that is about it. I also brought three apple juices, cherry, orange and blueberry and something else. I later found out that it is not a good idea to drink fruit juice. Apparently it flushes your system. Some people think it helps them remove the stones, but it doesn't. It just helps you defecate.... (gives you diarrhea aka looses your bowls - which is good if you are constipated, as I originally was constipated and could not poop for days.) I did hours of research and many people are fooled.... And so my life now is all about taking pills, and having random attacks.... even though I have changed my diet and have been eating healthy since last week, it has made no difference. I also have terrible body odour, something I never had before. And so my life is now pills and pain and I miss being able to eat what I wanted to. I'm angry because the doctors at the hospital didn't even bother give me a food chart... so I just use common sense. But, yeah all in all my life is ruined and it is only going to get worse after the surgery. It just scares me.... because I know what will happen and it's like playing a waiting game, just to get the gallbladder itself out of my body. It has to go... some people claim you shouldn't remove it, they are wrong. It doesn't matter how long you keep up a healthy diet, in the end you will end up having to get rid of it. I guess... at least I'm losing a ton of weight... and becoming a....scarecrow-like corpse.

0 likes, 8 replies

Report / Delete

8 Replies

• Posted

Don't worry or stress. Get your gallbladder out. You will get better. I suffered a year. Being mis-diagnosed at hospitals. Had mine removed and I am well now. You have sludge in gallbladder. Stones are no good. You won't get better. Removal is your best bet. Good Luck my friend. If you have questions I'm here for you.😎

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you, I knew that was the problem. Today I am turning yellow, so it must be bad. Hopefully my skin will turn back to normal. 6 weeks before I get it removed...
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Are you sure you haven’t got Hashimotos disease? Asking because you mention body odour. 
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I didn't have the odour before I was diagnosed a second time, it just came from nowhere. I took some pills (that were given to me by the doctors - the wrong ones which I was allergic to) and that made my nose bleed and then after that, it was constant. I've been eating nothing but; grapes, cucumber, (water) and drinking fruit juices, carrots, and avoiding the fatty foods. Today I'm turning yellow...

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

b10357, Why are you taking antibiotics?  Do you have an infection? Your biggest concern should be the fact that your skin is turning yellow.  Has anyone drawn blood to check your liver enzymes or have you had and ultrasound or CAT scan of your liver? Losing a ton of weight in such a shirt period of time is also no healthy. 
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I also can’t believe you are having to wait 6 weeks for surgery. You need to eat at least 6 small meals a day now and after surgery.. you also need to restrict the amount of foods with fat in them. Lean pork, no beef, white meat chicken roasted or broiled, Any fruit or veggies but watch your seasoning.  Non fat milk if you have cereal or have milk in your coffee or tea. The longer you put off having your gallbladder removed the harder it seems to be on your recovery. I would be a little concerned that a radiologist could not differentiate between a kidney stone or a stones in your gallbladder.  Like I said earlier I would really be concerned about the yellow skin tone. Are the whites of your eyes yellow also?  Sadly people don’t realize that a filled, blocked gallbladder can make you very very sick. It can involve your liver and pancreas, cause you to be septic and actually develop gangrene. I waited entirely to long before I had mine removed and I have had a more difficult recovery than I should have. But I didn’t eat fried foods or beef so that bought me a little more time. Did your doctor say anything about your liver or skin color?  

Im not sure where you live but I have a feeling it is not in the USA because of some of the things you have said. Almost all procedures are performed within a week to three weeks at the most and I can’t remember the last time anyone I knew stayed a week in the hospital.  Almost all surgeries are done as an out patient or maybe younger to stay 1 night. The longer your hospital stay the greater your risk of an infection, ie MRSA.  My cousin had a knee replacement and went home the same day. Your more comfortable in your own home, safer and I prefer my bed and my bathroom.  LOL please try not to get yourself worked up and scared about your surgery. Just be very careful to eat 5 or 6 small meals, NO FAT, and plenty of water or iced tea. Rice cakes, saltine crackers or graham are great to settle your tummy and they are a filling snack. But always check the labels of the food you purchase for thr fat content, especially for saturated fats and remember anything with fruit will have a higher sugar content but it is natural sugar not refined. Please let me know what your doctor says about your yellow skin and your liver. I will say a prayer for you but I’m sure you are going to do just fine. 

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I don't know, they just said it's "cholecystitis" and that I have a "thick  walled gallbladder" which according to the internet is proof of primary gallbladder disease. The doctors however keep being secretive, they wouldn't tell me anything, just a few things here and there and didn't really know what was wrong with me until the end of the week. When I first went to hospital, they said there was only one gallstone, then the next there was two... and then three? I think the antibiotics are to help fight the "infection?" inside the gallbladder? If I don't take them... I have an attack. There are only to be taken for a week, then I have to wean myself off of them.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yes, I thought it was weird too, that it was 6 weeks. A lot of people usually say they have it done it 3 weeks. Thanks for the advice Wanda. I've written down a few things you've said to remind myself, and have avoided fat at all cost. I got someone advice from someone, who stated that he lived with his gallstones for years, by eating healthy but in the end after a few years or so, he had to give up his gallbladder. I read than Jaundice is a natural part of the GB "thing" and that your skin should go back to normal, it just tells you that there is something wrong with your gallbladder and or liver.

Yes, I kinda figured that there was something with the fruit.... which I was advised to take - to help with the smell that I just can't can't stand. I used to only get BO when I worked out, not when I sat down or did normal things. But I have been getting chills? So maybe that is the cause. I think the fruit juice has given me constant diarrhea - it beats constipation... but is not nice. I was told to drink fruit juice and eat fruit due to the smell. I heard it helps the system - flush. 

Yes, you are right. The hospitals are horrible. It was freezing cold there, "some" of the nurses are rude, and I just kept getting moved from ward to ward. It was horrible. Yes, no salt or pepper - (I miss them), I figured they set me off a week ago and stopped.

Thank you, I just can't wait to get it removed, then I can endure the "pain" that follows it up and then I'll hopefully be able to eat again. I've had people telling me not to get it removed, but I know in the long run, you have to have it removed, even if you eat healthy. They can dissolve the gallstones into sludge???, only more form, so that is a waste of time. I wish it was a kidney stone... it wouldn't have been this bad.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up