Gallbladder surgery

Posted , 2 users are following.

My gallbladder had to be "cut away" from liver - i have a drain in & sharp pain when i breath. Anyone else with this scenario?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

When you breathe in general? Or when you take a deep breathe? I had a drain too (no complications - just how the surgeon did it) and I couldn't take a full deep breathe for 2 weeks (was able to breathe a bit deeper almost every day seemingly), and I couldn't sneeze for 2-1/2 weeks or so. The deep quick inhale before sneezing always hurt and caused me to not sneeze.

• Posted

If i breathe deeply, yes - it's like i am breathing shallow so it won't hurt, then my body forces me to take a big breath & it's " yikes!"

2 weeks before relief? I was expecting some soreness & gasiness but not this sharp pain

• Posted

I wasn't breathing shallow at all. Breathing normally was fine but when I went to take a deep breathe it hurt. Yawning hurt. Sneezing I couldn't even do - I would get shocked with the pain before I sneezed. It got better every day until I didn't notice it anymore. If you can't breathe normally, I'd call your sugeon.

• Posted

Have followup appt tomorrow - it's only day 4...glad to hear it gets better tho, thanks! Hopefully mine is the same

• Posted

Good luck with your appointment. I felt so much better after the drain was out. I hope that's part of your issue and it's only uphill from here.

• Posted

Thanks! I am hoping that too! Have had experience with drains with my mastectomy - amazing how much tube comes out!
    • Posted

No kidding. I was almost disgusted after I realized what was in me! hahaha
    • Posted

My husband was! lol he just kept saying he couldn't believe how long it was! I am sooo glad it's out - feels so much better!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.