Gallbladder surgery day one

Posted , 3 users are following.

Just wanted to let everyone know I had my surgery today and it went off smoothly. Had an awesome surgeon. He had it done in 40 mins and the wounds were spotless when the nurses checked. They were very impressed. So far just a little discomfort. Standing is actually the most comfortable thing for me with sitting following that and laying down definitely being the least comfortable. Been drinking lots of vitamin water to keep my energy up and no nausea or diarrhea yet. Threw up just the once after I got a bit of water in me at the hospital but wasnt accompanied by nausea thankfully. Just belched a lot for the first hour while sipping water which took away the mild discomfort I did have. I will let you all know how I am doing in a couple days.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

So pleased it went well . Sounds like you are doing the best thing . My surgeon said to try and walk about to help the gas they inflate your abdomen with disperse from your body quicker. I am afraid I just took to my bed ..so. I had terrible pains from the gas ...then I got up and walked around the house it eased....ends up making your shoulders ache ...rest up but do move around a little ...you sound elated to see the back of a rotten gallbladder ...
    • Posted

Yes. I had a total of 40 attacks. 30 lasting 4 or more hours and one turning into acute pancreatitis before I got it out so as much as I was dreading surgery and the possible lifelong implications I wanted it dealt with. So far no regrets although that might change when i start eating solids today.
  • Posted

hi Shalaya

glad things went so well with your op and you are on the mend.Its nice to hear someone is feeling better on this site normaly we are all moaning about the pain before or after gall bladder removeal.hope you continue to get better as the days go by

take care

Pat

• Posted

Hey all. Yesterday went well. A little extra sore but i knew the swelling would be the worst yesterday. Most of it has gone back down by this morning. When my muscles start aching i find eating something high protein takes the ache out within a couple hours. Just the body getting low on repair materials I think. I hope everyone elses recovery is going well. Still a little hard to rest in bed due to a stiff neck and shoulders but i managed and spent a bit in my recliner which was easier

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.