Gallbladder Surgery Has Changed My Life 2 Weeks Post Op

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello !

This foru**m helped me greatly so want to answer any questions and any worries about themselves and this condition.

Mine plagued me for a very long time and didn't fit any usual symptoms as such and some pretty unrealiable doctors.

Male****

29****

Ongoing symptoms 5 years****

The first time this happened was like a heart attack, before getting food I was a bit of a drinker and did not eat well

A&E Thought gastritis, liver levels GGT whichever was highest everything else pretty normal

The pain would normally come from eating fatty food and alcohol, if the attack was not 20 minutes after I would get a big one the night after

Few tastes done and nothing big ultrasound gall bladder bit swollen, endoscopy clear and then bloods still normal

They thought anxiety this point

Stopped drinking, fatty food and then the pains were OK

But then got worse last year, so bad I became scared to eat. I could not leave the house the pain was unbearable no drugs would touch it

So a whole year they would not do anything until I got myself there in an ambulance after a year, they tried sending me home so I got a hotel next day and managed an ultrasound;

SYMPTOMS****

1. Right upper q pain
  2. Went to right shoulder
  3. Awful head aches on right side
  4. Fainting
  5. Pain when hungry, and just eaten if fat or big meal
  6. Loose stools
  7. Itchy skin

So I knew something was up

Ultrasound = CLEAR**

Bloods = NORMAL BAR SLIGHTLY RAISED ALT**

MRI = CLEAR**

CT = CLEAR**

HIDA = 11% **

Thankfully I have had it removed and bar a bit of phantom pain I have so much of my life back

Stools were even harder after with some bad days

I was out after a day..... some days felt so tired and still do but walking getting out, small stitches the pain is gone

BIOPSY also confirmed chronic chloecytitis

I thankfully had someone special who did believe in my but the health service bar my surgeon (amazing saved my life) is so bad

Wanted you to know so far happy ending

5 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.