Gallbladder symptoms are back

Posted , 6 users are following.

Well since September last year I’ve been symptom free but from the 27th December the symptoms are back. 

URQ abdo pains, aching all in my upper

back on right shoulder, pain relief isn’t helping and I fear I’m back to where I was last March when I was admitted to hospital with an inflamed and infected gallbladder. 

I’ve been taking 1 co-codamol every 4 hours and using the hot water bottle but it’s starting to interfere with my everyday life again. I’d hoped it wouldn’t get this to point but sadly I think I’m there - again. 

I was on the waiting list but when I went for my Pre-Op they discovered I’d hot high BP so I’ve been on medication since Sept

to keep that under control. I’m still

Waiting to hear back from the GP or hospital now to see when I go

Back for another pre-op. 

Just feeling so low now. 😞

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I no the pain in the right shoulder is a killer,are u able to take codeine?
    • Posted

I haven’t really tried codeine. 

The co-codamol was prescribed by GP and he said they would be best for pain. 

• Posted

What strength could co codamol are you taking ?

If it's the 8/500 you can take 2 at a time but only 8 in 24 hours .

Your doctor can give you a stronger dose if it isn't helping .

• Posted

I've been perscribed 30mg/500mg they do take the edge off zapain name of tablets good luck

• Posted

Hi I know exactly what you mean, I have been diagnosed with a large hiatus hernia which causes similar symptoms when the gallbladder was there. It has been there for a long time !! When you go back mention if it has anything to do with a hiatus hernia. I am now waiting to see a consultant. What a drag. Good luck 😉 

• Posted

I will definitely mention that, thank you. 

Hope you feel better soon x

• Posted

Thankyou and I think this applies to a lot of people still suffering from gallbladder removal. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.