gallblader update

Posted , 6 users are following.

Had surgery last Tuesday. Didn't get home on same day as I expected to do. I was very sick afterwards and had horrendous headache. As the week as gone on I am doing well apart from having no energy whatsoever. My query today is surgeon questioned that there was a possibility there maybe a stone still stuck in there I can't remember what duct she said. I was half asleep. I am now waiting on a appointment for a MRI scan . Has anyone else had this problem. I know she said my cystic duct was dilated .

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Sorry I can't help with that but the no energy I understand. I had my follow up last week after my surgery and the dr says it's normal to have low energy. I wish you the best in your MRI. Keep me updated please. You'll be in my prayers.

• Posted

Thanks Maureen glad you felt like this to. Even a shower leaves me wanting to have a sleep. I am concerned about the stone thing. I don't see my gp for follow up for another week. But might phone them in the morning

• Posted

Hi 

I had surgery 16 days ago, the headache is normal smile its a side effect of the anesthesia. If the surgeon thought it was the duct going into the liver you wouldnt normally have been sent home at all. Hopefully its nothing to be too worried about best of luck on your recovery

• Posted

Good about headache is been daily since Tuesday. I was not very with it when she was talking about the possibility of the stone and where it was. Just can't remember

• Posted

I would give them a call tomorrow and have them explain it to you again now that you're not all drugged up.

• Posted

My surgeon spoke to me after I came out of surgery even showed me the bag of stones they got out.

It was like some kind of a dream. They really need to send a note home with the patient, no one can recall exactly what was said.

She may have said: a stone lodged in the biliary duct?

• Posted

Yep I agree I don't have a clue what duct she ment. All I remember was duct with possible stone and MRI . Anyhow I ended up on out of hours doctors. In terrible pain . Have to see surgical doctor today. So should get answers I need today.

• Posted

I wish you luck. Keep me posted, if I can even be of little help I will be here.
    • Posted

Been to hospital sent home again MRI scan results take hours to get back to surgeon. Bloods taken to . To go back up in morning for a review of findings
  • Posted

Dumb question for you all who are on the other side of the operation. Is it customary for surgeon to check all ducts after GB is out and. before closing you up?
    • Posted

It was mentioned to me that they would do a check by running a fluid through the ducts to check. As far as I  know nothing found as I have not seen the surgeon after the op and they do not do any follow ups in my part of the UK.

​If anything is supsected I guess they will scan and then remove any rogue stones by another prodedure ercp or mrcp/ - a sort of endoscopy. I have not had one so cannot elaborate.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.