Galllblader. Surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm due have my gallblader removed shortly .I should have had it done 4yrys ago

But I had just lost my husband at the time

They found gallstones

Now I decided to have the OP due pain

I went for another ultrasound today and they coundlnt find the stone s

But they didnt tell me anything could there now be. Complications I'm now a bit concerned

Has I been. Feeling. Well lately I wait for result and. Operation

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Try not to be concérned .. The stones could have gone by them selves and they are airing on the side of caution.

My pain subsided a couple of weeks before my op in december but i was eating a véy bland diet because of the pain i had been getting.

Try not to worry and speak to your gp about your concerns xx good luck and hope all goes well x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hello-

So sorry about your difficulty. It could be your gall bladder still is not working properly, even if there are no more stones.  I am guessing they did a HIDA scan on it?  I did not have stones, yet mine was only functioning at 22% when I had it removed due to pain and nausea.

I am sorry you lost your husband.  I will be remembering you in prayer as you face this challenge ahead.

Pulling for you -

Jonna

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

You could have passed the stones but more will form so they advice to remove it once it becomes diseased. I didn't have the op because they couldn't see any stones and when I finally did due to immense pain every day they said the stones wouldn't stop coming out and there were over 70!!

Good luck with your op x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Had my gallbladder removed surgery six weeks went well had full

Cut the old way couldn't do keyhole due to adhesions in my stomach

All over the place i will have to see my GP to see him about thease. Adhesions

I get tired more and slowed me down slightly but I'm. Coming for 63 yrs.

I'm still a bit sore were the scar is and in some slight pain

And feels. Little numb to touch .

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up