Gallstone pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi I've been diagnosed with gallstones and was in bad pain with it months ago I've not felt the pain for weeks like I did before does this mean they have gone.. but now get pain in the left side of the adonaman

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Left side could be your pancreas. You should probably go to the hospital and get it checked.

• Posted

Left side could be your pancreas. You should probably go to the hospital and get it checked.

• Posted

thanks for reply. that's what I thought I am awaiting for another utra sound scan 8 week wait like dont like to bother hospital

• Posted

I doubt they have gone. I think everybody will react differently and it may depend on the size of them. After my first bout of unbelievable pain it went for two months. Then came back regularly in bouts of a few hours. Eventually I had to go to A&E with crippling pain and it turned out one had got stuck in my bile duct. I was extremely ill and jaundiced and hospitalised for 8 days. After it was cleared endoscopically it was recommended I had my gall bladder and bile duct removed. Best thing I ever did. I can eat and drink anything I like now and haven't had as much as a stomach twinge.

But you may never suffer again or you might in a few months. My doctor advised me of the more serious symptoms before action was necessary and in the end I had no choice. If you get the offer of having your gall bladder out I would take it but please remember that's based on my experience and other views are available !

• Posted

hi yes I am awaiting for gallbladder surgery just concerned where my pains coming from in my left side I am in agony doctors have sent me for a 2nd utra sound scan but unsure if I should go to a&e myself. may I ask where we you gall stones pain mines bear belly button and right side dont knew where the left sided pain is coming from

• Posted

No your gallstones just don't disappear. When you get pain this means the stones are moving and you causing pain. If you wait too long you will suffer more. I suggest you stay away from greasy and spicy foods and fried. Stick to healthy foods and you will be fine. You need your gallbladder out. That's the I my way to get rid of them. Your pancreas is in distress too because of gallbladder disease. After Your surgery everything will heal itself. It takes a lot of time for recovery maybe a year. Good Luck and hope you will be taken care of.

• Posted

No your gallstones just don't disappear. When you get pain this means the stones are moving and you causing pain. If you wait too long you will suffer more. I suggest you stay away from greasy and spicy foods and fried. Stick to healthy foods and you will be fine. You need your gallbladder out. That's the I my way to get rid of them. Your pancreas is in distress too because of gallbladder disease. After Your surgery everything will heal itself. It takes a lot of time for recovery maybe a year. Good Luck and hope you will be taken care of.

• Posted

hello Gemma

as you are not feeling any pain at the moment does not mean the gallstones have gone. that will never happen once you have them. it is very unusual to have pain on the left side too as gallbladder pain is always felt on the right side and sometimes in your back. If you have a confirmed diagnosis i would ask your GP for referral to the hospital before things get worse as every time you have an attack the gallbladder becomes inflamed and damaged which can lead to serious complications later. I am living proof trust me and almost 3 months ago underwent open surgery to have my gallbladder removed. Good luck.

• Posted

hi I am awaiting for a second utra sound scan has the pain on the left just started a month a go. so hes referred me for that see what's going on 8 weeks it the waiting list pain relief what hes given me I cant take has makes me constipated 😦 I think it sounds like it my pancreas playing up maybe

• Posted

can you get gallstone pain near and arround your belly button to has that's where most of pain is when I get the pain

• Posted

under normal circumstances gallstones pain is always on the right side or on my case in the middle of my upper abdomen under the breastbone. Your consultant will confirm the cause of your lower abdominal pain . pancreatic pain can be linked to gallbladder problems.

• Posted

yes been getting pain in the right side too my nana had gallstone and she said she had pain near her belly button also

• Posted

My pain was high on the right hand side. I found diet made absolutely no difference and in the end I could barely eat or even drinking water caused pain. (This was while bile duct was blocked). They don't like operating if the gall bladder is inflamed and I had to wait for it to recover after the bile duct was cleared before the operation. I hesitated because like you, the pain had gone after this but as they said it could come back any time (or never!) I just couldn't face the risk of such pain in my life again. It made my knee replacement op seem like a faint headache in pain comparison! The op was keyhole and a great success as I said earlier.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.