Gallstone pain on only left side? or Slipped Rib Syndrome?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Has anyone ever experienced gallstone pain on just your left side and not the right?

I've been experiencing severe pain on the left side directly under my ribcage that radiates to the left side of my back for 3 months. There is no comfortable position other than standing upright. When I sit or lay down it hurts immensely. I have been checked for shingles and kidney stones and both were negative. I had a CT scan four days ago and it showed 1 single gallstone 6x9mm in size and significant blockage on the RIGHT side. I "flushed" myself out and am still working on it with Miralax for the blockage. I also had bloodwork that shows an infection but not extreme. I'm taking Doxycycline for that and Actigall to try to dissolve the gallstone. I've been drinking Apple Cider Vinegar and Apple Juice as well to help with the gallstone and eating a low fat diet. I did have high cholesterol last year when last tested (242) but no one has done a lipid panel since this pain started.

I've discussed the possibility of ; Slipped Rib Syndrome, Constrochondritis, or Pancreatitis with my dr. They drew blood yesterday to check for Pancreatitis. Also had an xray and no fractures. She has me taking Lyrica, Ibruprofen and Tramadol for the pain and it STILL doesn't help. Can anyone tell me if you've had pain from your gallbladder on only the left side before and have any advice?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi there, what is your result from your Pancreas bloodwork? have they suggested gallbladder removal for it? what are all your symptoms?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.