Gallstone question

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I am 41 years old male. Since last 3 weeks I was having dull pain in my left abdominal with feeling of fullness, nausea and burping. When my doctor could not figure out anything in xray and ct scan they did my ultrasound because my liver SGOT/SGPT were slightly high. In ultrasound he figured out that there is a sludge in the gallbladder. I am curious that my symptoms are not exactly matching the gallstone problem as I don't have any pain on the right side. They happen to find out about gallblader sludge but my problem could be due to some other reason. Please let me know if my perception is correct and should I go for another consultation?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Pk,

Have they checked your pancreas?, Pancreatic can cause pain on the left side.

• Posted

I am a 52 year old female. I have been having dull ache right side of abdomen and around my side up into right shoulder blade. Constant nausea and vomiting approx 1-2 hours after eating. I have had MRI scan, ultrasound, CT scan and endoscopy. My gallbladder has shown as clear on all of them. My consultant says that I have acute inflammation of the gallbladder and my operation for removal is 19th January
  • Posted

I was diagnosed with the large gallstone. I never did have the pain that many have. My primary symptom has been the nausea. The nausea can be incapacitating. I also have terrible burping that seems as if it is coming from a deep, cavernous well. My symptoms went on for months before I was diagnosed with the stone. Your problem really could be just your gallbladder issue. But better safe than sorry. Get a good gastroenterologist to do a work up.
    • Posted

Thanks kkh. Seems I have similar symptoms as you: nausea, burping and no right side pain. Only thing different is dull constant pain on my left side. My gallstone is small (4mm) so not sure if that is the culprit. I scheduled my endoscopy after 2 days to check for any ulcer or any other thing. Fingers crossed!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.