8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Donna! Just wondering what pain killers you are taking? In know with my own pain management I take endone (oxycontine?) and paracetamol at regular intervals - recently had pain where this stopped working so on my GPs advice went to emergency - the only thing that helped was morphine (and was on an IV drip, no food) for two days. Diagnosis not confirmed - thinking gallbladder or pancreatitis - hope this helps! Is your pain under your ribs/back?
  • Posted

Yes I see a Surgeon Tuesday but wish there was an Alternative to removal and life of stomach Problems.
    • Posted

Unfortunately, the trend is if you have gallbladder problems, you're always going to have gallbladder problems. It is certainly not guarunteed that you will have stomach problems after surgery. Almost everyone I've talked to personally has never had an issue after surgery. And the one that did does not regret having it done. The few things that he can't eat he can deal with compared to the pain he was having. Good luck James!

• Posted

From what I've researched, you need to limit fats and dairy at first but then it really just depends on your body. Some people can eat whatever they want. Talking to a co-worker today - his wife had hers out and now she can't eat fried fish.

• Posted

I love dairy so I hope I can handle it... I ain't going to miss the fried food but once in awhile I got to have some fried chicken! So the stomach problems vary from the person I take it .... Thanks

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up