Gallstones

Posted , 3 users are following.

4yrs ago iwas diagnosed has having gallstones and at the time I didn't

Want the operation as I had just been widowed but now I if it could be causing me problems

Now

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Are you having particular problems that are concerning you Ann?
    • Posted

Hi Cynthia just wondering if you've had your op yet. I'm still wairing. 6 months now. Have you any idea of the average waiting time. Having a bad attack today and getting really fed up with it. Hope you're ok. Jill

• Posted

Noi haven't had my op yet I put it off 4rys ago because I'd just lost my husband at the time

So I kept on low fat diet and avoid fatty foods but they at the it could cause problems later

I think I going have have the OP

• Posted

Hi Jill,

?Sorry you are still waiting, as am I. I called the hospital as the 18 weeks had elapsed wothout a word and they had told me it would definitely be in 18 weeks max but there would only be 2 week's ahead notice. Then when pressed, they admitted that I should not have been told it was 3 to 4 months wait as it will now be in the new year! So, hospital no 2 has been no better really than number 1. Never think to let us patients know anything , let alone  the truth! The 18 week legal right of referral to treatment appears to be worthless.

?I have been speaking to Pals and the patient's association for advice. In the meantime, I am on the cancellation list, but I am not sure if really short notice will work for arranging family responsibilities and suchlike in my case. Have you been added to such a list, Jill?

?It is worth phoning and asking about the 18 weeks pledge as they are supposed to give us a choice of a shorter waiting list if there is one locally, or in some cases, they can fund a private bed. I see on chatrooms that some people have surgery within just weeks and others like us wait months. The hospital said there were lots of people had waited longer than me. If that is true, then they must have known all along that they could not turn around in 3 to 4 months. I am cross at being misled as maybe I would have found a true shorter list, after all I moved from the first hospital as it was all going so wrong.

?Anyway, I am cooling off before making any formal complaint as I know there are some worse off but really cannot think about another Christmas without being able to eat more than soup and crackers,

?I'm so sorry you having a bad attack, hope it soon settles down. I really wish we did not have to suffer so long. Fingers crossed that we will both soon get the needed treatment, please keep posted, Cynthia x

• Posted

Hi cynthia sorry to hear your news. Unbelievable! To be honest i'm not sure but i think the 18 weeks has been scrapped. When i asked the secretary when the op would take place she couldn't tell me not even 6 months or a year. She said i might hold her to it. Strange when i saw the surgeon it would be in June. Maybe he meant next June. I haven't been in touch with anyone else yet but i think a lot of people round here are waiting a long time for various opetations. I think it must depend on what part of the country you live. I'm like you. Can't remember what its like to eat whatever i want. Do let me know as soon as you hear anything. We'll.have to see who hears first!! Best of luck. Jill

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.