Gallstones and allargies

Posted , 5 users are following.

Last November my gallstone symptoms started. +like half a cup of coffee would make me feel like I was ODing..?

My doctor misdiagnosed me with h pylori.

In June one day out of nowhere I started forming food allergies. And developed environmental sensitivities. And managing stress became real difficult.

Ended up in the ER. Got an ultrasound and a diagnosis of gallstones!

Now I have a surgery date set! And I can only eat 4 foods without feeling worse, in some way or another.

Has anyone heard of gallstones causing allergies?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Have you actually been told you have allergies?  I personally have found that the GB actually mimics allergies and last year I believed this was so by taking an allergy test, which was negative!  However I have had to cut out dairy from my diet completely until just recently.  I am now able to eat small quantities of milk or chocolate but unfortunately not cheese or actual milk.  It is a very interesting ride having GB problems and how it effects everyone so differently.
    • Posted

Yes, my general practitioner did do a blood allergy test. And I was later referred to an allergist. My allergies were on top of GI symptoms; I have not tried food outside of my 4 safe foods yet. I had my gallbladder out last week
  • Posted

Me too, since I was diagnosed with GB stones I’m always sensitive too. I usually have blisters on my hands and feet. Sometimes I woke up coz it feel so itchy on my feet. Then I put some efficassent oil. Now I think it’s getting worst coz i always feel the dull ache on my right upper quanrant. Sometimes I feel like i can’t properly breathe and it get’s me worried and so anxious.  And when i bend down I can also feel a dull pain on my back. Do you also have these issues? Still thinking if whether I proceed on the surgery or not. 
    • Posted

I was never sensitive to chemicals or food before, that's why this has been such a shock to me.

I would get a dull pain right where my gallbladder is yes, and it would be tender to the touch. After my ultrasound it felt like I was being stabbed with a needle every few minutes. That lasted for about a week before I saw an acupuncturists, who was able to clear up the pain somehow.

As for anxiety! Yes, so much anxiety! Day to day things that was fine before would set me off. And I would get anxiety attacks out of no where that would feel like there was a brick on my chest. Not so much difficulty breathing, more just a sense that my heart was going to stop.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.