Gallstones. Anxiety due to eating and frequent attacks.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all

I'm on the long waiting list for gall bladder removal. COVID has caused serious backlogs so i dont even have a date yet for surgery. ive known about my condition for about three months. i stopped eating anything over 2% fat and it seemed to reduce the attacks. However now its got worse and that doesnt seem to help anymore. im at a loss, i eat rice and veg and bread and cornflakes with skimmed milk. thats my complete diet. ive now got to the point i dont want to eat as im scared of the pain. i wont eat in the day time anymore as i dont want to get triggered at work which has happened a couple of times. i havent weighed myself but i know im losing weight as everyone tells me i look thinner. im not overweight anyway. its stressing me out so much and i have problems sleeping, this might also be the codeine use which keeps me awake and not tired... is this normal?! please share your thoughts, ive read loads of other useful threads from you amazing people xx

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.