Gallstones driving me mad

Posted , 3 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hi,

I have been suffering with stomach problems for a while now and only just been diagnosed as having gallstones. I literally can't eat anything ( low fat, no fat, all fat!) without being in pain. Most nights up all night bent over in agony.

I called the docs this morning to see if there was any pain relief I can take apart from co-codamol as I've taken too much of late due to the pain.

They have prescribed buscopan and a weeks course of clarithromycin.

Has anyone else been given antibiotics for gallstones/gallbladder problems?

Thank you I am waiting to be seen at hospital and beg them to remove gallbladder as I can't take this much more.

Helen

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Dear Helen. Hi I also went through the same thing as you. The only thing left for you is surgery. You need to have gallbladder out. Believe me after surgery no more pain and nausea gone. I was so happy to feel normal again. Good luck Helen. Hope you get your problem solved. I hope this can help you.
  • Posted

I was told 'surgery' was the only option for me until the 'BOSS' took over and gave me a prescription for Urso

which dissolves cholesterol gall stones.  If your gall stones are not bigger than 20mm and you able to try the chemical way of eliminating them it may well work as it did for me.......

Why on earth do ALL doctors and 'advisers' not know about Ursodioxycholic acid?

• Posted

Thank you I will look in to this, anything would be a blessing, I thought that it took years for them to dissolve.

• Posted

I'm sorry to tell you stones can form again. So will pain nausea vomiting etc.... If you don't want gallstone problems anymore have it removed.

• Posted

That is not quite true so please read up on the numerous sites written by medical researchers and doctors and Gastroenterologists on the subject of Ursodioxycholic acid and in particular the

directive re preventing gallstones with a low dose of Urso.

It's best to consult someone medical who has a professional knowledge of the chemical ability (bile acids) to dissolve cholesterol stones.   

As I have already said , many chemists know it seems more about the chemical aspect of the dissolution of stones more than anyone.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up