Gallstones /gallbladder

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have been told i have 1 gallstone 1cm in size I been having bad nausea i even vomit right after eating a couple of times I been having upper center stomach pain gas lower back pain everyday its worse at night is that a sign of a bad gallbladder? I'm schedule for a HIDA scan soon to see if my gallbladder functioning right I just wanted more info

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

One thing I have learned reading all the posts is that "there is no normal" when it comes to symptoms.  I had central nausea for several months, only 3 episodes of violent vomiting and NONE of my symptoms appeared food related.  Spicy food didn't make it worse and bland, low fat food didn't make it better.  Finally the lab work found my enzymes way off (elevated) and then I had a CT scan and it did show gallstones.  I had surgery and after 10 days of pain, I can pretty much do and eat what I want.... but the CT scan showed some suspicious nodules in my lung, and a repeat CT scan showed a stone in my common bile duct that was not there pre-op on the ultrasound or original CT scan- but again, no "normal" symptoms.  I feel I am doing well post-op and am glad the gallbladder is out as the doctor said it was very inflamed and had likely been causing problems for a long time.  I have an endoscopy scheduled to address the runaway stone....  Not sure I answered your questions except my main symptom was upper center nausea.  Good Luck!

• Posted

Yes U answer my question gave me more input on it thanks
  • Posted

Yes them are symptoms of a bad gallbladder. Hida Scan will definitely let you know. Most likely your gallbladder has to come out because the gallstones can cause blockage and you definitely don't won't that. Good luck and everything will be ok!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.