gallstones? or something else?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I'm new to this great board 39 year old male and felt like posting here to see if anybody can give me a few answers. About a month ago I suddenly got struck down by what I thought was a stomach bug, i was ill for 11 days then semed to get better. Then suddenly 10 days ago the bug returned but this time I had constipation with it and gradually had pains in my centre back and right shoulder plus occasionally in my centre chest. This has had me sick with worry but when i went to the docs he just sent me for blood tests (which i get back this week). I am so stressed by this and it seems to make the pain worse when im worrying. My sister and mother have both had gallstones in the past and had there gallbladders removed but find it strange that i have constipation with it. The pain is worse on an evening/night and after eating it seems worse its not a severe pain but its constant and keeping me awake at night. Over the counter pain relief doesn't seem to work. All your helpwould be appreciated thanks BHB

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

You'll be back moaning about it again soon enough ;D Don't take Ibuprofen, Aspirin or Diclofenac based pain relief,, if you want to do yourself a favor buy yourself some over the counter medicine called Pantoloc wink

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.