Gallstones pain all day for the passed 2 days

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi I've got gallstones I am awaiting for surgery the beds are full. I've had really bad pains for the passed 2 days really bad... I knew the doctors wont be able to do anything what do I do 😦

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Eat a 0% fat diet, clear broths, no chocolate, eggs or anything with any fat, it really helps.

• Posted

As the last post said adopting a really low fat diet helps, nothing too heavy either. If the Drs can prescribe any pain medication in the mean time to help if you really cant handle it. Sometimes its a waiting game but at the same time if you are in a lot of pain for days on end you need to push and question it and ask the Drs what you can do and what can be done

I had mine out in March of this year. I was on the waiting list for surgery but I ended up in so much agony to the point I was vomiting that i got admitted onto the surgery emergency unit ward through A&E after an intense phone call to 111 I had alot of pain medication as i had already ready been suffering in complete agony for 12hours I had tests ran before they admitted me in for surgery the next day (although my stones were compacted in the bile duct)

I really feel for you with the pain as i know how agonising it can be. Hope you get peace soon

• Posted

I've left a message for my gp to contact me the pain just doesn't feel write I've had dioreah my gp had picrisbed me some painkillers since I took that the pain had started she may tell me to go to a&e

• Posted

Another way is contact nhs 111 - thats what i did with mine. They will asses you over the phine and decide if its and A&E trip or book you an emergency GP appointment.

• Posted

if i was you i would go to A&E. they wiĺl have to check you out! hope the pain eases! Barbara

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.