Gardenerella vaginalis

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm wondering if gardenerella vaginalis is the same thing as bv or is it two separate things I've been to the gyno and they treated me for bv and gave me metronidazole 500 mg to take twice daily for seven days but it's not fully gone the smell isn't as bad anymore but their still is discharge so im wondering if those two thing are the same or not so i can go back to the doctors and asked to get treated for gardenerella 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Forgot to mention that I have never had sex so it can't be a std

• Posted

Gardenella vaginalis is the bacteria that causes bv 
  • Posted

Could anybody please give me tips or recommendations on what medication I should take other than metronidazole or clindamycin I can't take it anymore i want this to go away ! I've tried hydrogen peroxide taking probiotic supplements and nothing has helped 😖

• Posted

What worked for me (I'm sexually active) I took 1 acidophilus (jarrow women's), 2 folic acid, and 2 vitamin d3 two hours after taking each dose of metronidazole for the entire 7 days, and even after you finish the medication for about 2 months. I also inserted 1 purfem vaginally each night for 10 nights. You have to rebuild your good bacteria after the medication wipes everything out (good and bad bacteria). I haven't had any recurrence of BV since I did this method. Stop douching with peroxide, it's a temporary fix. Just work on rebuilding your good bacteria. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.