Gastric band sickness

Posted , 4 users are following.

Yesterday I had my 1st gastric band fill and I've felt sick since. I've tried little tiny sips of water and what I can only describe as just foaming and frothing at the mouth. Hardly slept as every time I lay down it got worse and then throw up this vile smelling brown coloured liquid (not bile) and I'm just feeling wiped out and so dehydrated all I want is a couple of mouthfuls of water! Has anyone else had this or is it just me over reacting?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I would ring your healthcare provider ASAP You should be able to drink a glass of water with no problem.  Did you drink a glass when you were still there and first had it filled?  You may need to get some taken out 
    • Posted

I had a mouthful of water just after I'd had it done and didn't feel sick till a few minutes later by which time I was back at the car heading out of the car park !
  • Posted

I agree with 3jebo, I had my first fill this time last week (4.2 in total) and I felt just fine after and since. You need to go back to them, perhaps they put in too much too soon?
    • Posted

The nurse said there was already 1ml in and she just added 0.5 so that's only a total of 1.5 mls so it's only the minimum fill I could have had else it would have been nothing. 😕 surely that shouldn't have done much to me?
    • Posted

Ir shouldnt be - ive had 2 fills and now got 5.3 in.  Its very unusual for them to just put 0.5 in on your first fill.  my first fill was 4ml  I would definitely ring them as you dont want to get dehydrated.  They can check everything is OK.  I normally have to sit there sipping water for 20 mins after before they will let me go.  Please phone up x 
  • Posted

Did this get resolved? First fill tomorrow and dreading it. 0.5 doesnt seem like much at all. If it was more I'd say it was maybe your stomach being inflamed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.