gastric reflux and pains

Posted , 5 users are following.

Symptom’s that happen on a daily basis Monday-Sunday

Morning 6.15

Get out of bed to go to the toilet, start to urinate and the pulsating starts in lower part of stomach, get back in bed for a short snooze, and start getting pain under my ribs and seems to transfer through to my back. Kidney area, get up getting changed pains get a little worse, take tablet and have breakfast and a drink of tea, then drive to work in pain from being crunched up in the car. Pain in the same area. Whilst at work I try to limit my sitting down to the minimum because of the pains, the pills only neutralise the acid for about 20min that why I have to chew spearmint all the time even in class, which I shouldn’t do. But it only last for a short time, also the ratdadine causes some pain whist being dissolve in to stomach it seem to dissolve in the centre of my rib cage. Still get the pain in my left hand chest area and still pulsating in to my left arm. And also the pulsating gets worse when I am sat on the toilet have a number two. Just seem to vertebrate through my body. Having to work at a computer at work for more than 10min have to get up a have a walk around.

Breathlessness still seems to happen, go for a walk and whist coming back, have to stop about six or seven time to catch my breath.

Some times when the pain is bad it goes in to my shoulder blades

I have been for all the test and had all the different tablets. Has anybody had a MRI scan for these pains that happen in my lower section? Doctors only seem interested in giving me pain killer that don’t seem to do anything. So wondering if MRI would be my best option    

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

See I kinda have your symtoms on and off for a year now and I had a kidney scan all clear im now having trouble swollowing been told anxiety and reflux has anxiety been mentioned to you ?

What tests have you had done have you been checked for water infection ? I got checked and did not have one but they put me on the tablets anyways

• Posted

i have had scans and xrays, blood test, tube down my throut and been on three different gastric pills. and now on pain killers has well, doctors dont seem to what to send me for any more test. but thinking  of having a private mri scan thats if i can get a refferal form my doctors. but not going untill another 3 week.

• Posted

Yeah I would do that too I'm saving for private tests not that I can afford it but doctors seem to not know much I think I constantly get asked what do you think it is it's frustrating when nothing helps hope you get better soon x
  • Posted

Hi Mark,

Has anyone sent you for an ECG, where they can check your heart just incase its anything more serious.  I don't mean to worry you but when you say that you get pain going from you chest to your left arm?  Maybe ask for one from your doctor justto rule it out?

Hope that you feel better soon.

Amanda.

• Posted

when it first started over a year ago i had one, and a 24hr sensor fitted but still no joy. but went to the pain clinc and he says take head acre tablets. what a waste of time that was, going to tyre and force the doctor to do more test because its afecting my work.

• Posted

Hi Mark,

Yes I would definitely try and get more tests done and get to the bottom of it.

Amanda.

• Posted

Jeez, this is the exact same daily routine as me...

I dont know much to tell you either as i have gone to the doctors, and emergency already and they seem to only focus on the chest pains that where occuring at that time.

When i try to use the washroom (#2) I get a sudden pain and hard pressure between my ribs just above my stomach that is unbearable lasting atleast 30 minutes after using the washroom. Is anyone else getting these ?

• Posted

dco you get the pusating pains, they drive me up the wall, all i got its your muscles contracing they tell you any think, if you tell them you been looking at your problems online they dont wont to listern to you. hope you get sorted soon.

• Posted

hi its me again, been to the doctors last night he has refered me back to the hospital, he say because the pain is not localilised he can not refere me for a MRI scan. and he has put me on a high dose of pain killer. has any one had a MRI for the type of sytems i have been discussing. sorry about any spelling mistakes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.