Gastric Sleeve op date confirmed, YIKES!!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, had my op date confirmed today and I go in on 31st March for a gastric sleeve. Lots of feelings today, I think more to do with shock in that it is finally happening. Will be weird being on the other side as I am a registered practitioner who works in operating theatres, so have an insight as to what's going on. I know that I will be given info on what to/not to eat post surgery, but what diet have others followed and any issues or problems to look out for. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hey there, 

I have my Bypass date for 15/4/15 so a little after you. Bet it will be strange being on the table for you. Hope all goes well for you. I unfortunately cant give you any advice at this stage but best of luck xxxxx

• Posted

Hi Molly. Mines the 30th! Eek!, all sorts of emotions going on but sure I've made the right decision I'm having bypass as I feel it's the right one for my personality (emotional eater, addictive).  I'm doing the Slimfast liver shrinking which isn't too bad and you don't have to think about it. I'm afraid that all I can offer at the moment apart from empathy!! I wish you all the luck and good health Kirsty xx
  • Posted

Hi Mollymoo and everybody going for your sleeve/bypass.  I had the band done in November and its the best thing Ive ever done.  I have found a few closed groups on Facebook - if you just put gastric sleeve or bypass in Im sure you will find some too.  They are closed groups so as long as your settings are set so people cannot see what groups you have joined they are ideal.  Also anything you post in them cannot be seen by your friends - great if nobody knows your having it done!  They have a huge amount of info and are great for moral support.  Just make sure is says closed group under the title when searching.  Good Luck with your journeys and Im sure it will be the start of the New You. x 
  • Posted

Hi Mollymoo!

I had my sleeve 7 weeks ago on Jan 26th- it's seriously the best thing I've EVER done!

I've lost 2 stones already! (28lbs)

Re your pre op diet question, I did mine for 10 days before, I just ate very 'clean' - no processed foods, cut down on the carbs and avoided all the goodies. It was hard but knowing you have to do it to shrink your liver makes it easier.

So, for example- breakfast was 2 weetabix with skimmed milk and sweetner, I made homemade veggie soup for lunch, snacks were low fat yoghurt and fruit and my dinner was protein and veg.

Good luck! It's exciting so you'll find it easier than before! x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.