Gastritis and Medicine Malabsorption

Posted , 4 users are following.

I would like to know, does Gastritis have any connection with a possible medicine malabsorption? Would Pantoprozole help? Thanks a lot

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Pantoprazole is a PPI medication used to reduce acid in the stomach and doctors often use these medications in the treatment of gastritis to protect the stomach lining from further irritation. Do you have a confirmed diagnosis of gastritis and if so what did your doctor recommend

• Posted

Hi, thanks for the answer. I had an endoscopy and confirmed mild irritation. Pantoprazole was prescribed, but I heard its not always the best solution. Can Gastritis cause some of the other meds that I am taking to have a weaker effect?

• Posted

I don't know what other meds you are taking to know whether gastritis would reduce their effect and I am not a doctor so I can't give you an answer on this. You will need to ask your doctor. However, since your doctor has prescribed pantoprazole, I would trust your doctor's judgment on this. I don't think your doctor would have prescribed pantoprazole if he didn't think this was the best solution. I would take the medication you have been given to see if it helps. If it doesn't, see your doctor and ask for something else. PPIs are the standard treatment for gastritis and are known to work.You won't know whether Pantoprazole will work until you try them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.