gastritis or something worse ?

Posted , 8 users are following.

I developed symptoms of gastritis in mid Dec and was treated

with Omeprazole which didn't do very much. I was then put 8 no Ranitidine and Lansoprazole which have helped a little. This also helped with improving my appetite. I have been backwards and

forwards to my GP with so much anxiety as I have now

developed upper left pain which goes round to my back. Unfortunately I have read up on this condition and it also mimics

pancreatic and stomach cancer. My GP does not suspect cancer in any way but has referred me for an endoscope next weds 24th Feb which scares the pants off me, but my worse fear is what

they will find. I have it in my head that this is definitely going to

turn out some form of cancer and the anxiety is just awful. I am driving my hubby to despair. I am now off my tablets as you need to come off meds a week before your procedure. I still don't

know whether to have sedation or not ? Has anyone else had

these symptoms and it has been ok ?

Many thanks

0 likes, 13 replies

Report / Delete

13 Replies

Prev

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up