Gastritis pain after gall bladder removed. Am seriously concerned !

Posted , 3 users are following.

I went to GP today to get a further medical certificate.  Yesterday had the most searing pain (solar plexis).  Am feeling nautious but not been sick.

Stomach is still so bloated and uncomfortable.

To make matters worse doctor said you should be recovered from the operation by now.  Please is there anyone else who has suffered with pain of gastritis while recovering from G/B operation.  I am quite worried !

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Have you looked on the Gall Bladder forum on here?  I don't know how long it is since your op but a lot of people on there have experienced various types of pain for some time afterwards (despite what your doctor said) and hopefully could advise you.  I understand the surgeon fills your abdomen up with air for the op and it can take a while for it to disperse, in the meantime it's very painful.

Do hope you get some relief soon.

(I have gallstones which often give me a really bad trapped wind type pain but am putting off having the op as long as poss!) 

• Posted

Many thanks Hazel.  I had the gall bladder op. 2 weeks ago.  Have avidly read discussions on gall bladder forum. It just knocked me for six the pain I had yesterday.  I already take omprazole for indigestion problems.  Will monitor this pain and will be wary about what I eat as well.

Best wishes.

• Posted

2 weeks is not very long.There is a 3 week recovery period for keyhole surgery and 6 weeks if you have the bigger operation.

So despite what doctor says these are very early days.

Be patient and try not to worry too much.

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah xxx

• Posted

Thanks Sarah - have been worrying for England since my doctor's appt. yesterday.  She was very young and frankly didn't appear that knowledgeable about gall bladder op.

My boss at work has been incredibly supportive especially as I am only on a years contract with them.

I think I will have to keep busy at home (doing relaxing things like crafts etc) and taking my dog out - and not dwell on things.

Really appreciated your comments though. 

Best wishes,

Viv xxx

• Posted

hi viey

Its early days for you and you will be sore for a while yet.  I had to have morhine for the pain. Unfortunately I have gatritis 2 yrs after I had my gall bladder removed. Some people are ok after the op but others can have issues.  Dont worry but I understand how you feel.  Dont think doctors understand.  Wish I could be more helpful

• Posted

Hello Carolyn,

You have been very helpful by just listening and replying thank you.

I have had had gastritis for the last 5 years so take omprazole 40 mg daily. It is just this pain in solar plexis which is getting me down.

A tad fed up today as arguments in family saying "your all right now Mum - you could go back to work easily/take dog out" (sorry am ranting).  I do not moan about how I am feeling at home (pretty ghastly and tired). In addition I have MS so it is a continuous battle (and I so miss going to the gym etc which so helps my MS symptoms etc.) Moan well and truly over now.

Trying to stay upbeat at the moment.

Best wishes,

Viv.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.