GELP!!! I forgot to take last dose of Methimazole!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am on 15 mg of Methimazole a day. Yesterday morning I took 5 mg at the normal time I always take it along with my Lexapro and Metoprolol. I normally take the last 10mg in the evening, sometimes before bed. Last night I was trying to get my baby to sleep and I ended up dozing off myself and slept through the night. I woke up this morning around 8:20 and took 10mg right away. I know now that today I can only take the 5 mg that's left of today's dose so I just completely missed the last 10 mg I needed for yesterday. I feel like an idiot for falling asleep without taking my medicine and such an important one at that. Has this happened to anyone else? What do I do? Is this going to mess up whatever progress I had with my Hyperactive thyroid? Is it gonna hurt me if I missed that last dose? I haven't missed any doses on my medicine since I started it, I've been on it for about a month then maybe more I can't exactly remember the first day I started taking it. I still can't believe I forgot to take it yesterday.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I think you can take your evening dose tonight without any problems.  I was on 10 mg of Methimazole and I always took it along with my other meds at the same time and sometimes I would take all my meds early in the day and if I hadn't, I took them at night.  As long as I took them within a 24 hour period, I was fine and I think you will be also.  

• Posted

Please, do not worry. I can tell you from experience that One missed dose will not harm you. This medicine builds up in your body. You will be okay. Continue to take it as you usually do.
  • Posted

Also, I would get a weekly pill box so you can stay on top of taking your meds and there is no confusion.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.