Generalized anxiety disorder stopping college! help

Posted , 4 users are following.

To explain i am a eighteen yearold male suffering with GAD, Autism, OCD, depression and minor psychosis.

Recently i am losing the ability to function outside of the house and well its stopping me attending college, i wanted some advice for im tempted to drop my college but i do not want a life of benefits, i spent two years studying engineering and find it quite easy just lack of function is preventing me from attending.

So my question is should i drop my college as getting outside is difficult i fear that something bad will happen or my that my mouth is numbing even when its not but it feels that way.

Or should i keep attending and if so how can i get used to being outside again without having break downs all the time so i can be relatively normal again compared to the other students.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

If you've been diagnosed with each of these issues,have your drs not offered you any treatment to help you?
    • Posted

Well my doctor sent me a referal to a councelling but had nothing back in nearly three years, i have medication but its not enough my reality has been permanently altered which is causing an element of my reality to fade.
  • Posted

you are undicided , whether which option to go for.  if you were diagnosed with GAD, Autism, OCD, depression and minor psychosis it means you are or were seeing a professional in the area. i suggest you to contact your doctor and ask him about how you are feeling right now. at the end it will depend on what you want to do. you have the last word.

several years i was having a crisis as i also suffer from OCD and axiety i and stopped college for a few semesters and ended up finishing my carreer later than the rest of my classmates,i just felt i could not handle the pressurea and i could not focus on class but back then it was all in my mind i just didnt know. anyways, i got my degree and everything went fine. you have to decide which one is best for you and meditate about it, it is okay to take  breaks we are humans just dont stop college permantly. contact your doctor if not then you may need to see someone yo aliviate you mental anxiety.

• Posted

Thats some pretty good solid advice but my parents are probably not going to like that as they have a hard time understanding how i am now, they think that im going to get better on medication alone rather than giving some actual support.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.