Generic sertraline

Posted , 8 users are following.

hi out there...,has anyone had bad experiences with different foreign sertraline generics??? I was on ACTIVIS brand originally and was fine for a long time but couldn't get it anymore and was given ACCORD brand which caused rapid deterioration in mood, changed to AUROBINDO brand and had awful acid reflux problem and still low mood. My doc refuses to believe it's the brand changes causing the problems. I am now on CRESCENT brand for 3 days . What I have found out is BRITISH ACTIVIS has been aquired by ACCORD which is from INDIA and AUROBINDO is from INDIA also, the CRESCENT brand is BRITISH so I am hoping for improvement... wondering if I'm alone in this?? Cheers folks!!!

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi yes i got different brand this time ive been taking 2 weeks now i feel my aniexty worse in the last 2 weeks . Or could just be me lol

• Posted

which brand were you taking and what are you taking now???

• Posted

Was on activis which was great . Now i got accord !

• Posted

hi ...same here, activis was fine and was made in barnstable Devon but was taken over by accord which is made in India along with auberindo, they are all the same. my mood dropped with accord and also caused awful acid reflux, auberindo the same...someone commented that when starting a different brand it's like starting again with side effects etc. Anyway all I know is ill never take Indian meds again and have been on British crescent brand for a week now and doc is sending me to ENT about reflux saying its not the tablets. pharmacist said it is????????

• Posted

I was on it for a few weeks not sure what brand of it. I'm in the U.S but it made me sick all the time. tried 50 and 25 and I was still sick so my doctor told me to stop. Other then that, it did nothing for me.

• Posted

I started on 50mg AUROBINDO for about 6 weeks then was given ACCORD from a different chemist but I had read alot of stories similar to yours so went back to the GP and he reassured me that they were all regulated and contained the same amount of Sertraline just different bulking agents but I was not happy about this and luckily enough my sister in law had some AUROBINDO so she gave me some of hers and I went back to my GP told him I am not happy with them and I wanted to get some AUROBINDO so went to the original Chemist and was given CRESCENT.... still not happy I done some research and found that LUSTRAL (made by pfitzer) are the original and supposedly best so I grabbed another prescription and went to a different chemist again and was able to get some LUSTRAL after about 3 weeks I had to grab my prescription for another 28 and asked GP to prescribe LUSTRAL and was told "NO!!! Because they cost the NHS £30+ for 28 yet the "generics" are £2/£3 for 28. Pretty annoyed by this I rung the chemist i got the LUSTRAL from and asked if I could collect my prescription from there again so have got another 28 but after this I dont know what will happen. I may get in touch with my GP and asl for 2/3 months worth and try and get a few packs back up failing that will be looking on the internet/dark web for them

• Posted

doctor has refused lustral saying THEY ARE ALL THE SAME, but pharmacists say they aren't, you just have to keep changing till you find one that suits. I refuse to take anymore from INDIA, they are cheap crap!..If crescent doesn't work will have to demand a different anti depressant all together????

• Posted

Have you tried ringing a few chemists/pharmacies and seeing if they have LUSTRAL for sertraline......

I heard Lloyds pharmacy may and I personally use Morrisons chemist now

• Posted

hi ...The doctor has to prescribe lustral as its the branded version and they say it's to expensive when generics work just as well...but pharmacists say they aren't all the same...it's hopeless!

• Posted

I called a few pharmacies up and asked what brand of Sertraline they had and t was Morrisons chemist who said they had LUSTRAL doctor prescribed me 100mg sertraline.... it is still sertraline at the end of the day

• Posted

Hi doctors will tell you that as the ingredients are the same then all different brands should work. What they forget to tell you is that the expediency ie the way the meds are delivered can differ and this can cause the effects you are describing.

So next time the doctors try and fob you off mention this! x

• Edited

mine are teva brand and feel horrible

• Posted

hi...TEVA, ACTIVIS, ACCORD, AUROBINDO and RANBAXY are all from INDIA. I refuse to take them ever again, I'm trialing a British one CRESCENT and after a week, the burning pain is lessening but still feeling awful in the mornings..just waiting another week to see if things improve. I've had side effects again which is supposed to be a good sign????

• Posted

Hi...how did you get on using crescent sertraline?...Bit late to the post but im looking for advice...Thanks and all the best

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.