Genital herpes

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, 

I’ve never had an outbreak of genital herpes, all I know is that I have had oral herpes ( cold sores ) and have done since a child. 

If I wanted to get a blood test to see if I have genital herpes will they be able to tell if it is on my genitals through a blood test because I know I have cold sores orally so if the results come back positive I will just be very worried, but I’ve never had any type or genital sore. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Oral hsv2 is extremely rare. If u test positive for hsv2 it is genital. U can't have hsv1 and 2 orally.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.