Genital herpes breakout

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've woken up this morning with signs of a breakout on the front of my vagina. I had a stressful day yesterday which I think has sparked it off! Anyway...bit concerned yesterday as had sex with my partner but at the time, had no symptoms. Have I passed it to him? He knows I have it...

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

The sex could have triggered it, not the stress. It usually takes a lot of protracted stress to trigger herpes. If caused by the sex, then you may not have been shedding at the time, but it's impossible to say for sure. If you were only recently infected and are not on daily suppressive medication, then you are likely shedding more than normal, too.

• Posted

Which type do you have? Type 1 isn't nearly as infectious as Type 2 when genital.

• Posted

I've been told I have both yet have never had a cold sore on my mouth....

I find it such a complex thing. I've had no symptoms prior and then it just shows up!

• Posted

You might want to get this suspected outbreak swabbed to see if it's actually herpes, and if so, which type. The blood tests are less reliable, and if you've never had symptoms before and have pre-existing HSV1, your HSV2 result could be false. Depends on the test and your score, but a swab is still preferred.

• Posted

Had my first bad outbreak swabbed and that was the result. 

I rarely get it on my genitals, more on my thigh. When on thigh I seem to get more symptoms, just didn't seem to have an warning where it's come up

• Posted

Hello there,

I hope you don't mind me asking.

I also had an apparent outbreak on my thigh, however, after swabs done, tests came back negative. I haven't ever seen someone express they've had it on there thigh, is that the inner thigh? And if possible could you perhaps help me explain what yours looked like?

I'm not sure if I shall feel comfort in this or if I am too worry more....

• Posted

Hey

It normally comes up there if I have a flare up not than my genitals. It's above my right knee, always in the same spot. It starts with a burning sensation in that spot and a pain in my right bum cheek.  It's started with a raised red patch then small blisters appear. That hasn't been swabbed but have been told in appearance it looks like it is. 

Next time I get it I need to go and get it swabbed but haven't had it there for some time...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.