Genital Herpes:Odd Symptoms of Outbreaks

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I have genital herpes. I am 100% passed the stage of being upset about it or hating myself. The few partners that I had intercourse with after knowing I had herpes were mature and okay with it during the non-outbreak stage of course. Let me know if you guys want help expressing your herpes situation to your partners.

Anyway, I've been learning more about my body and when I stress I get a small outbreak. Sometimes the outbreak happens with no stress. I've also had mild mild leg pain or a small area of my genital will feel like a pinch and then I know its coming. I found that putting hydrogen peroxide dries it out quick. (People say this is not the best way but it works for me).

My recent outbreak however..was different. I had intense body aches. I thought I was getting sick, like covid symptoms. The body aches and then followed by intense pinching sensation in a specific area of my genital. I knew then it was going to be an outbreak.

has anyone had these symptoms? please share any of your odd symptoms!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

usually i can tell an outbreak is near when anywhere below the waist becomes sensitive (tender to the touch). i only had flu like symptoms during my first outbreak.

ive had hsv for about a year now. how do i tell a new partner about my status? any tips would be great. thanks!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.