Genital herpes or not

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi

So…. A couple of weeks ago I started with an itchy spot on labia minora, I didn’t think anything of it. But it became annoying so I checked it in the mirror… it was a white spot. Not sure what this is! can’t say I have had it before… or maybe I have and just ignored it. However, now I am concerned as to if it is herpes. I went to the doctors and was examined by a nurse, who said it’s just a cyst... but it itches… and it has now turned red. Is been 2 weeks and is still the same just red the white head has gone. It doesn’t hurt at all, just occasionally itches now. Has anyone experienced this before? I am adamant it’s herpes. I am so worried about this, So I have ordered an online blood test. Has anyone experienced this before

imageimage

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

Hi, it doesn't sound or look like herpes. I think you can trust the nurse if she ruled it out. It's very possible to be an inflamed oil gland, they can take a long time to resolve. I understand your stress and the blood test will give you some peace of mind but I see no reason to be concerned right now.

• Posted

hi, thank you for your reply! that sounds great! thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.