Genital Herpes? Virgin?

Posted , 2 users are following.

This might sound far fetched to some people, but for years (as young as maybe 13/14), once in a while, maybe every few months i will get itchiness, irritation, soreness, and bumps around various areas in and around and on my vagina. They can be various sizes. I have NEVER been sexually active and im a virgin. Ive only kissed one guy, but ive had these symptoms before that. Its hard for me not to have anxiety bc these seem to be classic herpes symptoms, at least according to the internet, but how unlucky and unlikely would that be for me? It could be irritation and infected hair but i just dont know. I dont shave often i just trim also, so it isnt shaving irritation. I need advice, if its not herpes then why am i getting it every few months? And how do i stop it? I know i need to go to the gyno, i will be soon, but before that I just wanted to vent my worries and get opinions.

Thanks!!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

The only way it could be herpes is if our mother has it and gave it to you at birth, but you would have likely been a very sick baby if that had happened, so I highly doubt it. Barring that, there's no way it could be herpes if you have not had any kind of intimate/sexual contact involving your genitals. There have been no proven cases of herpes being transmitted via the environment or external surfaces. Best to ask your gyno, as I don't know what it could be, but herpes seems extremely unlikely.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply! Yea it couldnt of been at my birth, I was born extremely premature via a c-section, so that rules that out 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.