GENITAL WARTS - CONFIRMED (NEED ADVICE)

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi again. i went to a different doctor today and she confirmed that i do have very minimal genital warts. i had the Gardasil vaccine just now and the next two on july and november. what will happen to me now? will i be okay? will i get cancer? please, to anyone who know or who has the same condition, help me. tell me what i need to know or how can i take care of myself more. please.

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Next
  • Posted

no youll be fine. i got the shots when i was a teenager before i started having sex and it protects against the cancer causing types of HPV

• Posted

i already do have an HPV that causes warts. and i got the shots after i learned that i have HPV. we are not very educated in terms of sexual health in our country so a lot of us doesnt really know about HPV or other STDs. i just really need an advice as to what to do

• Posted

there are a lot of different strains ive some cause cancer and some cause warts i have the wart kind i read the wart kind rarely cause cancers

• Posted

but it still can cause cancer? and may i ask if how long have you had it and what do you do so the break outs wont be that frequent? also do u know what kind of HPV do u have?

• Posted

have your doctor tell you what strain you have a go from there.

• Posted

i was diagnosed in february i believe and i still have some warts i cant seem to get rid of them i had them treated twice with TCA. i do not know what strain i have my doctor just told me some strains cause warts when your immune system cant clear it. i have heard that most people clear the virus within 2 years tho

• Posted

did you try any natural supplements? i haven't had a pap smear and i want to but i am a virgin when it comes to penetration so i'm really worried if it would hurt. i don't know what strain it is either.

• Posted

i have tried vitamins to help my immune system but im not good at taking them on a routine. if you have never had sex im not sure you can get hpv but i suppose you can cause i saw its can be from skin to skin contact im not 100% sure thought 😕

• Posted

that's okay. i'm just really scared that it might cause cancer. have you had your pap test?

• Posted

ive asked multiple obgyns for one but they wont do one on me until im 21

• Posted

doctors refused to do one on me too. they said it could maybe hurt me too much since my vaginal opening is too small cause i've never have penetrative sex

• Posted

i would get s second opinion...you have never had sex you say...yea they can come from skin to skin contact but still if you have been with one person ans only has skin to skin then its just unlikley, i know u said he is a virgin too? unless hes lying....but from pics from your other post i did not see anything...

• Posted

i've had two doctors who told me i have genital warts. i've honestly only been with just one person and all we've done is genital rubbing. he says he's a virgin, he's only ever been with me too and casual sex/ pre-marital sex is very uncommon in their province.

• Posted

i'm just really scared that i might have other types of HPV aside from the ones that causes warts. i'm really so confused, i've been searching for hours for other causes of HPV aside from sexual contact and the doctors told me it's very unlikely that i'll get it somewhere else.

• Posted

do you have photos of the warts? i understand you may not be comfortable showing

• Posted

i can't take pictures right now, i'm at work. maybe later

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.