Genital warts / HPV

Posted , 9 users are following.

I am 28 years old, a few weeks ago I started noticing little red bumps down there. I went back to the doctor and realized I had genital warts (a low-risk HPV type). Doctor sugested me to used acid treatments for a least 2 months. I read in some medical articles about possible side effects of this treatment. I would like to try some alternative treatments, some natural products, creams. Does anyone have some suggestions about natural remedies which are effective for this kind of a problem ?

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Do please listen to your doctor.  Any other "alternative" treatment should be in addition to what s/he prescribes.

This is a mediacl forum after all!

• Posted

Thanks for your reply and advice. Unfortunately prescribed treatment is not working as well as I had hoped. Alternative treatment I meant to use as an addition to the prescribed treatment, so that may be able to contribute better efficiency.
  • Posted

That sounds like a definate reason for a second opinion, acid treatments? when there are so many natural ways to go?
    • Posted

Exactly, I don't want to apply this treatment anymore, of course I will consult my doctor first. As a next treatment he mentioned something about Cryotherapy, but before this treatment would like to be more informed about some herbal treatments, I read that certain herbs, such as lady’s mantle, centaury, Lemon balm etc. may help. Do you have more information about that ? 
  • Posted

Hi jenny864, people who have never had genital warts always speak the way they do. I had genital warts back in March, suffered with it for 4months! - In July of this year I tried the 'alternative' method & within a week the warts were gone OK, I've been wart free since July 2014, that almost 6months OK! So if you feel you want to try another way, please don't let others tell you no.

For me the treatments by the doctors didn't help at all, they kept growing back. & even larger than before; it was devastating. - please message me if you are still wanting to try an alternative method. Have a great weekend!

• Posted

hi thehealthaffair

Can i please know the alternative method you use to get rid of genital warts. i been coming back to my doctor and it's stressing me out.

I get deppresed everytime i think about these warts i have.

I will be waiting for your reply.

Thank you in advance

• Posted

Hi there. I have been suffering from genetial warts lately around my vagina area. And i saw your post on alternative methods. Is it possible to share them with me please?
    • Posted

@thehealthaffair what did you use as your alternative treatment
  • Posted

Hi,

I was diagnosed with genital warts when I was 16 and it took me a while for them to go.

Although I don't have any natural alternatives I would recommend you getting them frozen by your doctor as I found this to be the most effective way.

• Posted

Emily hello, tell me what u did with your genital warts, i have it now im so scared.
    • Posted

My warts cleared up in 2015 and luckily I haven't had any since. You need to make sure you look after your health, every time I saw a wart I would get it frozen off straight away. Hope you're okay and good luck! Feel free to message me 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.