Gential Warts

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was diagnosed with gential warts 15 years ago. Had about 5 of them, treated with some kind of cream & they were gone by 2 weeks time. I never had another occurrence. I've been having some vaginal & anal symptoms for a month now & everything was come back clear so far. Today while I was poking & pricing down there like I've been for weeks I notice 4 small white bumps, not group together but in a straight horizontal line around the top of my anus. Nothing on or around my vagina. How likely is it that these are warts & after 15 years, the virus has activated again. I'm worried sick because I have a daughter still in diapers and I read it can stay on your skin even after proper hand washing. I'm afraid I've transmitted to her.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

It's not impossible for the virus to be dormant that long, but it's unusual, so the bumps are probably something else, maybe just skin tags.  If they are warts it would be possible for a child to be infected, but it would be rare.

I'd get them looked at if I were you just to be on the safe side.  You could either see your GP, or if you're in the UK, you could go to a genitourinary medicine (GUM) clinic - google "GUM clinic near me" for details.

If you could update this thread and tell us what the doctors say, it would be appreciated.  Good luck.

• Posted

Thank you.

I have an appt. tomorrow afternoon.

I will update -if I'm not too devasted04 if they do turn out to be warts. 😭

• Posted

Doctor, my Gyno said they're just hair follicles.

I'm still feeling unsettled about it.

• Posted

Lots of things look like warts but are something else, so if a gyno has said they're hair follicles, then it sounds like you're fine.  No part of the body is perfectly smooth and evenly coloured, and it's normal to worry about anything unusual in the genital area, but you've been checked out, and got the all clear, so you're fine.

• Posted

My GP said they can appear most places. Mine arrive in my public hair. I use a condom then to avoid possible infection

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.