Genuine HIV concern

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi. I had sex with a sex worker 5 months ago. We had sex twice and on neither occasion did the condom break.  Also, the last time she finished me by hand with condom on and it took  almost twenty mins. 

The following day I had a discomfort in my testicles and maybe a week later I had some discomfort on my penis tip.  There was no discharge. 

Both discomforts disappeared after a couple of weeks. 

Shortly after I had a strange sensation in my groin and after a scan they said my nodes were slightly swollen. (I also had a rash on my foot at the same time) 

I also had a very bad throat infection which I caught from my colleague and took amoxicillin.  It cleared up in 3 days. 

Unfortunately I checked online regarding hiv and I think that almost immediately gave me anxiety which was almost the same as HIV symptoms!

I know the condom didn’t break, but why did I have sore testicles and a sore penis tip? And then have swollen nodes in my right side of the groin. 

5 months on and I still have a twinge in my right side groin occasionally. 

I live and work in Qatar so difficult to test here due to work permit regulations. 

Could I have an infection from the masterbation with the condom for so long?

I had a fever for around a day with my throat infection but no rashes or similar. 

Any thoughts? HIV? Or another infection?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hey James,

According to your post, I am very sure that you did not catch HIV by your sex behavior. 

Firstly, the condom did not break so both you and your partner were protected.cheesygrin

Secondly ,masturbation is considered as a way that HIV CAN NOT PASS.(unless she had a bleeding wound on her hand and you also have a opening cut in your penis)

Thirdly, HIV symptoms will show around 1-2 weeks after infected HIV virus, so as you said you had some symptoms in the following day. In my opinion, you may caught a flu because the weather changed.

Fever, throat infection is a kind of symptoms that may caused by HIV, but we can not say that you caught HIV because you got these symptoms. 

The best way is go to see the doctor and ask for a full screen test.(which i believe that your result will be NEGATIVE!)make sure that you leave at least 28 DAYS from your last sex behavior. 

Lastly, if the discomfort in your testicles and your penis tip getting worse, which may caused by inflammation or just because your anxiety, you should see the doctor and i hope all of those just from your upset. 

If anything i can help you, please just let me know. 

Again, i believe you will be fine, do not worry too much, find a time to do a full test and move on your life. 

Best, 

Hugo

• Posted

Thanks Hugo. 

Whilst I’m quite confident I don’t have HIV, what could be causing the slightly tender nodes? I guess it’s another infection of some sort. 

I seem to have had lots of symptoms recently but many of them are linked to anxiety I think. 

It’s been going on for 5 months now! Argh!

Testing just yet is not that simple.  I look be and work on Qatar and failing that test would have me deported. 

• Posted

Try to look online and see if you can order an home test kit or test paper. 

For the test kit, you need to get your blood sample and post back to the hospital. but for the test paper,you can do it in your home and the result will shown in 20 mins. 

The window time for test parer is 3 month, so if you can get one, just do it. 

All the best, 

Hugo

• Posted

Yeah a tricky one as I can’t really do that either. 

As you say, it probably isn’t, as protection didn’t fail. 

However the anxiety gives very similar symptoms which is the worrier! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.