Skip to content
in this discussion +2 following
This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.
Why not start a new discussion?
Guest Guest

GERD and gallbladder removal

Had gallbladder removed in 4/2007. No gallstones but gallbladder functioned at 15%. Have been diagnosed with GERD and mild gastritus. Take Nexium 1x/day for a little over a year now. My symptoms began approx. 4 days after my surgery and still happening today (2 months). I am experiencing severe upper abdominal pain that shoots into my back (mainly between shoulder blades). Feels like pressure. I can belch and feel somewhat better but not all the time. Pain lasts about 15 minutes and mainly occurs first thing in morning on empty stomach. I can eat something and feel better almost immediately - most of the time. Once the attacks subside it is like I never had one - all is normal. The past 2 days the attacks have caused vomit of small amount of bile. Has anyone had this experience either with/without gallbladder removal? or know what these symptoms might be related to? Is this GERD gone wild?

1 Replies

• Debs Debs

hi,

I had my gallbladder removed in april 2005 I had the symptoms due to gallstones that were deemed to be causing the trouble.Three months later my symptoms were back as if my gallbladder hadnt been removed but a lot more severe.From then to th present day I am still suffering and trying to get it sorted

Keep well hun

Debs xxx

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.