GERD Distress Please Help

Posted , 11 users are following.

I am in panic mode and need reassurance. Went to the ER after having the feeling of food being stuck in my throat and getting nauseous. It sent me into a panic.

Since about last week i have also had feeling of a lump in my throat on fhe right. Constantly swallowing saliva. The lump feeling comes and goes. I have it now.

I spoke with a doctor who says it is probably GERD and prescribed zantec today but I am still very uneasy because I can still feel the lump sensation on the right side of my throat and food still feels like its getting stuck. This is whats is bothering me most.

Has anyone else experienced these things? Any info would be extremely helpful.

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi josh .sorry to hear your problems.

Yes I have barretts osaphagus and silent reflux.

I suffer so bad with my throat .and the soreness .

Every day all day I feel like something stuck in my throat constantly have to cough and try and clear my throat .also cough up mucus .it's so annoying .

And I get short of breath and then panic a bit as feel like can not breath. And when I eat food gets stuck all the time .I hope you get it sorted . Best thing is to try not panic .and be positive and tell yourself it won't be like this for ever. Try eat healthy .don't eat late at night .and maybe try gaviscon before and after food .hope you get better

• Posted

Hey Dean. Yeah its been a rollercoaster but Im going through the same thing as you almost exactly.

I went to the doc again today and saw a different one from last time. They ran a CT with contrast my neck and an xray of my chest. Both came back clear. No lumps or masses, so thats the good news. The bad news is theres still an issue. They suspect a muscle/motility issue. Im just glad they didnt find cancer or something. Knowing that does help a little, but Im going to see an ENT on Monday.

I hope you find some relief as well. Its definitely not fun.

• Posted

You may have Zline irregullar. I have it too. It is common but with reflux it will become more annoy. Better taking Nexium and it will get rid of the symptoms quicker than other brand. Buy the original not generic for it made in India cheaper but it does not work. good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.