GERD is ruining my life.

Posted , 5 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hi there. I am 23 years old and for past 3/4 months I have suffered with a bad heartburn. I also get pain under left breast, nausea, I have to yawn to get a deep breathe in, headaches, I feel lightheaded and extremely tired. I sometimes get pains and aches.

I've had an ECG and that was completely fine.

I used to be anemic but 3 weeks ago I had a blood test and that came back fine.

My period is also late about a week but I'm not pregnant there is no way.

I do suffer from minor anxiety.

Sometimes during the night this chest pain will wake me up sometimes during the night- I've had the ambulance out to see me but they said nothing wrong.

i dont know what to think.

My doctor has prescribed me Retanidin I've been taking it for 5 days.

Im so hopeless i dont know what to do anymore..

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I get that same pain under the left breast where the stomach is also, it can be so intense you feel as if you are having a heart attack. I have had all of the heart and lung tests and nothing. Just found out about a month ago that I have some type of GERD, probably the silent type as I never had consistent heartburn. I have been through this for twenty years, so even though I feel sick, I also feel very lucky to finally have some name for what I have. I will be having my first endoscopy on June 9th and am pretty excited to see the results. I haven't been able to take a deep breath forever and lightheaded and dizzy and very tired all the time. 

Have you had any testing yet? I feel bad for you wish I could be of more help. Hope you find answers soon. This stuff sucks!

• Posted

Hi I have suffered with stomach problems, anxiety and palpitations for at least 10 years. A couple of months ago I woke up in the night and my heart was racing and I had a pain in my back. We had to call an ambulance. All tests came back normal ecg and bloods. I couple of weeks later I had an endoscopy and it turns out I have a hiatus hernia. From what I have read, a lot of people suffer with palpitations maybe due to the hernia.
    • Posted

Please whatever you do if they suggest a nissen fundoplication do lots of research first. It was the worst mistake of my life and I'm still trying to have it undone.
    • Posted

I had surgery on April 6th. I have been unable to eat anything but yogurt since. I have lost 30 pounds and am malnourished now. My doctor is avoiding me and says it has nothing to do with surgery. I'm having really bad anxiety and panic attacks. Everytime I try to start soft foods again I get severe diarrhea and dry heaving. I'm doing everything in my power to convince my surgeon to reverse it.
  • Posted

Im sorry to hear all your stories. I take Ranitidine twice a day but I'm so tired and feel lightheaded also I have to yawn to get a full breath in. Since ive been taking ranitidine the pain in upper stomach is not as bad but I think the rest of my symptons are caused by anxiety because this is constantly on my mind think I have health anxiety now. I am constantly lookong up on internet about GERd etc. I cant enjoy any activities because if i get anu slight sumptom im instantly lookig it up on google sad

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up