Getting better....or false hope?!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Switched from 20 mg to 30 mg 5 days ago...also was taken off of birth control. 

Had a great day yesterday...felt very normal other than sweating a lot! I thought I may already be adjusting to the 30 mg dose. But then today I had to wake up with my two sons at 5am and go on a flight away from my husband for 9 days. I think I really taxed my system as I already have anxiety in regards to flying and now being away from my husband is a double whammy. I am feeling nauseous, dizzy, loopy eyes, SUPER exhausted and yucky gut. I'm hoping a good rest and sleep tonight gets me back to another good day. Any support is super welcomed as reading these posts are getting me thru! Thanks!

Just as I was about to post this I got the visual auras for a migraine )-: anyone else get migraines and possibly attribute them to the stress and anxiety? 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I have ..and celexa took my migraines with aura away..thank God..
    • Posted

Oh I forgot iam only on ten milligrams..20 did not suit me..
    • Posted

How long did it take before you noticed a reduction to your migraines? 
  • Posted

I was diagnosed with Hemiplegic migraines and Thunderclap headache not long after my citalopram was increased to 30mg. I was given more meds and an increase in amitryptyline and my supposed auras became daily, with a mass of symptoms. All this has disappeared since coming off all meds and reducing citalopram to 20mg. Please be careful, keep a close eye on side effects and do not let the medical profession blame anxiety as the cause. Anxiety can be caused by fear of symptoms too.
    • Posted

An increase in migraines and heightened anxiety caused me to see my doctor about a week ago. She explained it as a cycle....migraines and anxiety. I just want to feel myself again! I can go more than half a year with not a single migraine but then I started getting them constantly a few weeks ago. My doctor took me off my birth control so the only med I'm on now is citalopram and she increased it from 20 to 30 mg. I'm just praying it all levels out now. 

• Posted

Sorry to hear that Evan, mine were caused by meds and are a rare type.
  • Posted

You're just 5 days in after upping your dose, so it's definitely normal to be having an increase in anxiety, headaches, and all those other fun side effects ;-)!

?Hopefully being on a trip will help distract you from the yucky side effects :-).

• Posted

I'm just so ready to feel back to my normal self again. I have spent most of the day in bed sleeping on or off. I feel like a slug! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.