Getting circumcised- what can I expect?

Posted , 3 users are following.

For health reasons I’ve decided to get circumcised. I’m actually only doing a partial or dorsal slit procedure. Has anyone out there ever had this done? What can I expect with regards to the recovery? I’m not worried about the surgery. I’m getting a baseball cup to protect myself when I’m out. Any other ideas?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I hope you have thoroughly researched this, as stretching (over a long period of time, can relieve tightness of the foreskin) or preputioplasty, both of which are less drastic but I believe usually effective. I imagine a dorsal slit produces an unusual look. Presumably you have been made aware of this by your surgeon?

I have had occasional times of foreskin tightness, but have always been able to improve things sufficiently with creams / moisturisers. I don't envy you the prospect of dealing with the after effects during the healing time. Wishing you well for a successful outcome.

• Posted

Thank you Pepasan for your well wishes. This is indeed not a path I would have chosen for myself but I did think it through. According to my doctor my phimosis is severe. I tried the creams and even a stretching device with no success. Let’s see what happens!
  • Posted

I hope you'll do another post after the procedure, as I'd be interested in the outcome.

• Posted

I will. I’ll try to keep a blog going.

Fingers crossed!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.