getting nervious

Posted , 3 users are following.

Tomorrow I finaaly get to meet the surgeon about my gall stones. I'm finding that I'm getting nervous about it. Have not slept will the last few nights. Still worried that my depressed husband will get more depressed. Wish I could get my daughter and husband to get along better. She's made at him for leaving and scaring us. I'm really worried about the bills for this surgery, we are paying of other medical bills. I alaways try to fix things between family members ever since I was a kid. I got to the point that I realized it was one sided. My husband has to fix things with us and espically our daughter. Just hoping they won't fight while I'm in surgery. I never thought things would get so bad in my marriage. Going to try to et my mind off of tomorrow and find something to do.

2 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lori 

Best of luck for tomorrow.Hopefully everything else will work itself out. Take care.

• Posted

hope the surgery isn't too painful and  that you and your family reconcile things but let them do it not you as you seem to  be the peacemaker all the time.

Rich

• Posted

Thanks richard. I'm hoping the surgery isn't to painful. The gall stone pain was bad enough. Not sure when the surgery is yet. Soon I hope.
  • Posted

Lori maybe time you thought about your needs, let others sort their issues out. Need to think what you need. Good luck tomorrow.
    • Posted

Thanks Janet. As I typed my message that was what I was feeling. I just dislike my husband and daughter not getting a long. I'm working on my Christmas list and hugging my cats. I know I need to put my needs first right now.
  • Posted

Tomorrow we just talk to the surgeon and then set up the surgery date. I just hope its sooner then later. I want to be fine before Christmas.
    • Posted

Had post op appointment and glad to say all ok. Been eatng a lot Better and nice to be feeling so much like my old self, so keep positive cause if I can get there so can you. Life is too short to let others get you down, look after you, here if you want to rant.
    • Posted

Hi janet! I'm having surgery November 11 at 10:45 a.m. pacific time. I had my family make a plan on who is doing what when I get home. What were you able to eat. After you had surgery?
  • Posted

I have to still be careful as other issues, but adding different stuff as I go, everyone will be different. Just take it slow and add different things see how you go. Had some sweets first in a very long time with no prob. Not tried eggs yet, bit of a coward as they had made me so I ended up in hospital. Was told after surgery could eat normal diet of food, just go easy with the fat content. So far happy with results, the niggles and pain easing up slowly over time. Had post op app. This week all ok. But was told still in early stages of recovery and told two weeks to soon on recovery time. You will be fine and worth going through it to feel better. Wish you all the best.

• Posted

Thanks Janet. My surgeon tlod me to stay on a low fat diet after surgery food two months. He said recovery time is about a week, I won't hold my breath on that. I doing ok. I had my husband and daughter make a list on who's doing what around the house. I have never been put out, so I'm not sure how my body will handle it. Glad you are doing good.
  • Posted

Wow Lori, best of luck if you can recover within a week, even my consultant Said I was in early days of recovery, and at end of 5th week. Just take it slowly to start. Here if you need me.
    • Posted

Thanks Janet. Its good to know that you're there for me. I just want my life back. My daughter is sick of the food we are eating and so am i .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.