Getting Nervous once again

Posted , 6 users are following.

Lately I have been doing well with my anxiety and panic attacks. Last Saturday for the first timein weeks I had a panic attack. In August I took an ECG this was the result VENTRICULAR RATE 53 BPM BPM

ATRIAL RATE 53 BPM BPM

P-R INTERVAL 194 ms ms

QRS DURATION 100 ms ms

Q-T INTERVAL 420 ms ms

QTC CALCULATION(BEZE 394 ms ms

CALCULATED P AXIS 61 degrees degrees

CALCULATED R AXIS 75 degrees degrees

CALCULATED T AXIS 42 degrees degrees

DIAGNOSIS Sinus bradycardia

Otherwise normal ECG

Tonight and lately I have been having shooting pains and pinch, a bit of hurting right underneath my breast, and my left above breast been sore.  I am once again worried about my heart or is it my anxiety kicking in, or should I take another ECG

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Clara,

Have yo had a heart attack?  Do you have heart disease in your family? Are you at risk of heart disease? If you had an ekg, why get another?

If you are young, everyone at some times in their lives gets those sorts of pains, it's a part of being human unfortunatly. I am close to 60 and i have had plenty of pains that just went away on their own.However if they are severe, by all means, gets someone to take you to the hospital!!

I don't know what sort of medical you have, but here in the US an EKG is very expencive. if it is not needed, save the money.  

• Posted

Hi Dee and thanks for your reply, none of what you mentioned runs in my family that I know of. I am 33 and just nervous since my anxiety started last year, every little hurt now worries me
    • Posted

I understand, i have had plenty of anxiety. Do you know any relaxations techniques? 
    • Posted

Honestly I started a few and never kept up with them, this anxiety has had me going mad. I am waiting to see a doctor for a few other things as soon as I get that done I will try tio get back in the habit of taking better care of myself.
    • Posted

I fall in and out of doing self care as well, you are not alone. even a friend of mine who is a yoga instructor does the same.  sometimes we need a break from all that self care crud. I went my whole life thinking I didn't need to do it, I was fine! but it cought up with me.  It is imporant to do it every day, like brushing our teeth. once it is habit it stays and is eas y to return to.  

Hang in there, you can do it!

• Posted

Thanks for your encouragement Dee,and  I will do my best.cheesygrin

• Posted

Hi Clara. Those results look pretty good to me, and if there was any indication that you'd be at risk for heart troubles your doctor would've told you. These pains and feelings you're having are normal with anxiety. If it eases your mind at all, you can go back to your GP for more tests. And if it is really really really bothering you, then you can even go to the hospital (which I've done in the past). But I can pretty much promise you that you're fine. Try some breathing exercises, mediation, or anything that relaxes you. I hope you feel better soon Clara. smile 

Peace xxx 

• Posted

Hi Nick, my family keep telling me it's anxiety and not that I don't believe them, I just don't understand how did a strong person like me allow anxiety to always think the worst for every little pain I feel. I will definitely start back on my journey to self healing, there are a few things besides the anxiety I need to see my doctor about after that I will take a walk down the self healing path. Thanks for your words of encouragement.

• Posted

No matter how strong we are, Clara, we can't always control our bodies or minds. I feel the same as you, though. I always had anxiety symptoms since I was a little kid, but I didn't realize it was anxiety and just fought it off. When I hit my 20s, though, it started to take over and I couldn't control it anymore. I went from being a pretty lively guy to being a mess...and I felt weak. I still feel weak sometimes. But it's really not being weak at all, it just feels like that. All of us will be stronger for having to deal with this stuff. So keep at it Clara! I will too. wink

• Posted

Hi, it's your anxiety again, you are fine, there is nothing wrong with you just your mind trying to play tricks on you. Almost like just trying to show you who is still in charge, at least that is what it feels like to me when I'm feeling much better and then suddenly it hits me again

• Posted

Hi Mink and thanks for replying, this anxiety has been playing tricks on me for too long, everytime I feel like I got my life back here come anxiety sneaking up from behind and shaking me up again. I am ready to gain control of my life again, I decided to beat this thing without meds and I will see to it that it gets done. 
    • Posted

That's it, give it the positive spin, there will be more days like these, where you feel you can beat it and you can, I have a feeling that you will, be strong, you will get there

• Posted

clara

You are reading to much in your condition, the figures above do not mean anything to me as I am a normal patient. Not a doctor

If your GP is happy with the results shown it sunds like Anxiety. Having a further test so close to the last one seems pointless, although I can understand your condition will make you doubt normal results.

Talk to your GP and discuss the above findings, if not already

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.