Getting out and about

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi lovely s, I’m only into my 7th day pre op and was wondering how long is it before you can get out for a walk ( 1 hour ) going stir crazy already, got what I call a bobble between bum and vagina will this go, had a look yesterday didn’t like what I saw , I’m trying to rest but I’m such a fidget 😳

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi chic

It as been a very long recovery for me, I had a hysterectomy then a prolapsed all operations done vaginaly left with nerv damage now.

I carnt pick anything up over 5lb otherwise I am really ill, but as long as I do as I am told I am ok.

But the journey you are on as only just started small walks are good and build it up no picking things up and I trains my bladder by means of only peeing every 2hours at first and it has helped 

You need to be carful listen to your body don’t strain or push when pooing use movicol very good poo softener.

Take care love, Phil sent me a list of dos and donts I don’t have it now but it was very useful ask if she will email you a copy.

Gill xx

• Posted

Wow Gillian you have been on a hard journey 😳 will definitely take in all you have said, you just don’t realise do you , I do have movicol and it helps big time you take care xx

• Posted

I had posterior and perineum repair jan 2016. Surgeon said she had to pull my perineum round and not to look and feel as it was extra tissue on one side. 

Week after I touched by accident while wiping and was horrified . Grabbed a mirror looked s of felt a lump of horrible skin .i was gutted . 

Long story short all went and perineum looks nice and tidy again, was just the swelling and things healing x

• Posted

You can start walks daily or more regular, starting with 10mins & slowly increasing as you feel up to it. No reason not to. If you get more sore than you had been then cut back a bit. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.