Getting there!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I just wanted to add some words of encouragement for those who suffer with anxiety because when I was at my lowest this forum was a life saver for me. I was someone who didn’t get the help I needed when I first went to my doctor and told them about my anxiety. I then started on citalopram and with the advice from Lois, Will and Katecogs I stayed at a dose for a minimum of twelve weeks before going up a dose. I am now on 30mg. I suffered from increased anxiety and insomnia which made it worse. I took zopiclone prescribed by my doctor to get me through the nights until my body could get itself back into a sleeping pattern. I feel like I’ve been to hell and back even wishing I wasn’t here anymore at times.

But with the positive feedback on here I’ve managed to push through. I’m not completely anxiety free as I still occasionally get a little anxious some mornings but I’m a lot better than I was. Everyone can get through this you’ve just got to believe in the citalopram and keep pushing yourselves forward, and make sure you’re been as positive as you can for each other on here as negative feedback used to knock me back, which just need to try and be as positive as we can you can all get through this. Sending my best wishes to you all and thank you to those who helped me and still do by posting on here.x

3 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Thats awesome I can relate with your struggle and it truly does feel like anxiety takes the life out of you and you just exist the panic attacks, the fears, agoraphobia,the hypochondria it's debilitating.. I told myself yesterday evening I'm not gonna let this rule my life any longer I Know recovery will be tough and we will experience setbacks but that's part of the struggle.. I'm going to reprogram my brain and I'm going to overcome this terrible anxiety and we all will WE ARE NOT ANXIETY...

• Posted

You’re so right, we can do this, it won’t be easy but it will get better in time. All the best👍😁

• Posted

Hey Gemma!!!!!!🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞

👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

I was thinking about you and I’m so glad you are doing good. You’ve got to be on it for 3-4 months? I’m coming up to 6 months. Time flies especially when we feel better. Thanks for checking in and remembering me. 😇😇😇🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Will😎

• Posted

I’m glad you’re feeling better too will. I still have a way to go I feel but I am getting there and I’m getting better at accepting the blips along the way. I tried to come off the zopiclone for the sleep problems but I did find it hard so the doctor has put me on a very low dose of mirtazipine. I was hesitant at first as I didn’t like the idea of taking anything with the citalopram as I got through the anxiety years ago with citalopram alone but I’ve taken it now for three weeks and it really has helped me with the sleep problems so I haven’t had any zoplicone for nearly four weeks now and I’m feeling great most days. I’m determined to get a few months further on and then I will see how I feel about coming off the mirtazipine slowly so that I can just tick over on the citalopram but I’ll c how I go for now and just take it a day at a time, there’s no rush I’m determined to beat this eventually. I’ll keep in touch on here so I can be there for others and I can see how we’re all recovering together. Best wishes,  Gemma.🤞😁

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.