Getting worried for hiv since 1.5 years of unprotected sex

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I had unprotected sex with one prostitute women 1.5 years ago Without ejacualtion.woman hiv status is unknown 

Since then I had fever before 6 month for 3 days doctor did cbc test it was normal , he said it’s a viral fever .

Before 3 month I have flu for 2 days , I never has weight loss , night sweats , swollen lymph node and skin rash till now 

I am so worried and I don’t have Guts to have hiv test.

Based on my symptoms can I be hiv , I am taking so much stress .

What are the symptoms do appear in 1.5 years .

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You'd have to be unlucky to have got HIV after having unprotected sex just once, even if she was HIV+, but it's not impossible.  Just get tested though, and you can stop worrying.

HIV isn't as scary as it once was btw.  If you google "rather have hiv than diabetes", you'll find an article by a UK doctor saying that he'd be a lot more worried about diabetes as the outcomes are worse.  Most people don't worry about diabetes though, even though it's so much more common.

• Posted

Thanks ...

I am looking for symptoms which will c one in this duration ..

Can anyone help ..

I am in real stress...

• Posted

Most men with HIV have symptoms in the first month, and the symptoms you describe don't really match HIV anyway.  Just get yourself tested though, and you can stop worrying about HIV, and maybe find out if you have some other illness.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.