Ghosting Vision (Monocular Diplopia)

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello everyone,

In the beggining of February this year my vision got a bit worse and since then its only getting worse. When I was 16 I used to wear glasses just to improve my vision of my right eye (-3.00), but as it was my lazy eye I stopped wearing them cause it only caused me headaches and I didnt really used that eye. This year, I am 23, and in February I noticed my left eye started to get some vision problems, I started to see images a bit blurry, so I went to the optician and said I had astigmatism and myopia, first prescription was L -0.5 -1.00 and R -3,50 -1.25, I was happy cause I thought the problem would be fixed, but when I got the glasses my vision problem was still there, I could still see a double image of some bright stuff (specially white on black surfaces) and my night vision was sooooo bad... Went back to the optician, they said it might be just a question of adapting to the new prescription, waited 6 weeks, and the problem was still there, went there again and did a new eye exam, this time they gave me a new prescription L -1.00 -1.00 and R -3.75 -1.25, the optician assured me my eyes were healthy and it was everything alright, less than 2 weeks got the new glasses, but the problem was still there.... I decided to go to A&E as I was feeling dizzy and with huges headaches, they did me a ct scan and a MRI, everything is normal with my brain, no tumor, no damage on my brain, no Multiple Sclerosis (as it was an option since my grandmother had it), everything was fine, even the blood tests they made. Last month went again to another optician, again they assured my eye was healthy, just said my pupils are too dilated and it might be the cause of my ghosting. But then again they gave me a new prescription, L -1.50 -1.25 R - 4.25 -1.25. 2 weeks ago went to a neurologist and I am waiting to do some more exams to my eye muscles and blood tests to check for Graves Disease. Does anyone ever had those symptoms of ghosting? Cause I am getting a bit depressed to see my vision getting worse and no real answer.... Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I had the same sort of thing . My optician said I had a prism in my eyes & added a prism correction to my prescription . I was also referred to the hospital

Where it was discovered I had a muscle convergence in my eyes .  I was given muscle strengthening exercises to do . I then decided to have RLE surgery as I wasn't a suitable candidate for laser . I also had an astigmatism which had now been corrected with surgery .

• Posted

But did the double vision u had stopped when u closed one eye?? Cause mine doesnt. Even with an eye closed I can see a second or sometimes multiple images specially during the night. the glasses corrected my astigmatism and myopia, but whatever is causing my double vision is still there.

• Posted

My double vision was due to muscle convergence in both eyes . Might be worth getting  a referral to an opthalmologist. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.