Girlfriend is severly depressed and I need help

Posted , 5 users are following.

My girlfriend and I are both teenagers and she has been depressed for years. We have been dating two years and she has always been depressed and considered suicide and has attempted a few times. She has been feeling that way again and even tried again last night. I dont know what to do since her parents are divorced and dont seem to care or see it. Shes told her mom before that she lives with but she did nothing to help. I have been fighting this on my own for years now and I feel like I can't help anymore with the attempts happening again. I have asked her to consider help but she said in the past it didnt help at all.

3 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi samp43. This is such a sad post and one thts hard for u both. Youre too young tho to have the responsibility of someones life in yr hands. Do u have a school counsellor if still @ high school. Or a local hospital u cud suggest she go to. Just because help hasnt worked in the past doesnt mean it cant b diff this tym. Its too much for someone so young to bear. It should be the happiest times of your lives. Bless your ♡ XXX
    • Posted

Thank you. And yes there still is a counselor ill suggest she go there again, she said it hadnt worked in the past.
    • Posted

Yr so welcome xx thats true it may not have worked but wats going on now isnt working either for sure. You want her to still be around and it would b such a waste of a young life on her part too. She is worth something to you shes very lucky and i hope all works out well. Just tell her how much she is loved but that she has to give this another try get some therapy and or meds maybe sorted via help with the counsellor who could forward her to the hospital mental health services xx ur so good to her hut u nd to look after you too x
  • Posted

This sorry is sad and I'd follow Amanda's advice on a personal note what a remarkable young man you are we constantly read bad press about teens and how out of control they are, you have earned a whole load of respect and your family have raised what is going to be a true decent loyal mature man im blown away by your selfless attitude and the fact your reaching out for help on the behalf of someone you care about is incredibly humbling well done you all I can add to amanda advice is to do what your doing listen to her (which I already know your doing) and just be yourself because your amazing

• Posted

Samp

If you are both depressives, and under sixteen in the UK you will need your parents or Gaudians to arrange a GP visit.

If sixteen or over you can make an appointment in your own right.

If you feel suicidal you can call NHS HELPLINE, Tel 111 and explain your fears.

Both of you are young, is there something wrong with your relationship that is making you feel so low ?

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.