Gives advice but cant take it. Any ideas?

Posted , 6 users are following.

So as the title reads, im really good at sorting other people's anxiety issues out but tonight, I can't even fathom my own.

Alot of people have helth anxiety on here, about their physical health. I would like to find someone who actually suffers with the same as me; anxiety about my mental health. I have now found myself in a situation where I don't want to test my anxiety or push myself because I am frightened I was lose my mind, start hearing voices, basically have symtpoms of schizophrenia or develop it.

If you've read anything of mine youll know that when i left my abusive partner and got dperession, my best friend was sectioned after having a breakdown. This really scared me to death and has been a worry of mine ever since.

I am going to have to try and implement 'worry time' which ive done previously and suggested to a few other people.

I am fed up of having it today and I am so annoyed that Im being bullied by something I know isnt even real sad

0 likes, 20 replies

Report / Delete

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I have anxiety about sorting out my depression and anxiety, scared of it getting worse or if nothing helps there's not much point in going on anymore.. Pathetic but I don't know what I'll do if nothing works and it scares me I'm just going to either stay like this or just stop it all if nothing works..

Meant to go to the doctors today but cannot bring myself to do it, I know I need to but what if it doesn't help? Nothing will help the hatred towards myself, the damage is done.. Don't even know what to say, I'm scared to go but I'm even more scared of what will become of my life if I go and it doesn't work.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Jake don't give up. Go to the doctors. Please tell him how you are feeling. There is hope! There will be a tommorrow in your life and every tommorrow and day can get better. You just have to allow yourself to get better and that first step is seeing a doctor. You can do it. And if for no other reason than to see if it can help. No point in giving up before you have tried everything including going to the doctor today. So how bout it just one more. AlwAys just one more. Your so close don't miss this doctors apoontment. You could be so close to the road of recovery. Life is great you just have to take steps toward it.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Jake, I also have a doctor's appointment today and like you im finding it hard to bring myself to go as I know its going to be another wasted visit, but lets hang in there and go as we deserve to get better, please don't be scared we will be better soon, let me know how you get on, sending u luck and a hug smile x
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

But you won't know that unless you go? I think you should make a telephone appointment whic will be more comfortable for you. You got anxiety and depression because of a reason, so sorting out.managing that reason is possible. If recovery wasnt possible, having the illness in the first place would not be possible. Please do not give up on yourself. The damage is not done. xx
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

But you won't know that unless you go? I think you should make a telephone appointment whic will be more comfortable for you. You got anxiety and depression because of a reason, so sorting out.managing that reason is possible. If recovery wasnt possible, having the illness in the first place would not be possible. Please do not give up on yourself. The damage is not done. xx
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Well I didn't go and I'm just ashamed of myself, why do I know I have to go but just can't bring myself to do it... 

I think a telephone appointment isn't such a bad idea I hadn't thought of that, even if I wanted to go in I have no confidence and get really anxious and have to plan everything I'd say.. Thanks for that suggestion though I think I might actually do that xx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

So do I so Ive been having telephone apps for the past year and they don't care, its easier for them too smile 

Don't even plan it, ring make the telephone app and theyll give you a slot theyll call you in. Then just say it. 

You WILL get better, there is no doubt about that xx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks a lot Sarah, means a lot and I hope you are feeling better..

Do they prescribe medication over the phone and do I just tell them how I feel or just say I have depression, I don't feel comfortable when I don't know what to say x

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yea, theyve given me anti depressant prescriptions that ive just had to pick up. Id write a bullet point list of your feelings. For example I said: Ive split up with my absuive partner of 3 years who has hospitalised me in the past and was violent throughout, i still love him but i have had enough its really hard, I have no job and I feel horrendous. I feel very tired, wondering how long this is going to last and i am worrying on a daily basis. Then they just ask you some general questions. Its fine to be honest, they hear so many people with the same problems everyday. I am 100% sure you wil feel better after the conversation xx 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Just hard I've never spoke to someone except online about how I feel, I tend to put on a cover that I'm fine and I don't want to come off like I'm fine anymore, because I'm far from it.

I did make a letter I was going to take In similar to what I said in my first post here and I know it's silly but I just can't bring myself to go and speak to someone in person, let alone with how low I am at the minute.

I will start making a list for when I talk to them, really sorry that you have been through all of that by the way and you are very strong to be dealing with it all xx.. Helped more than you think and I feel a bit more optimistic, thank you x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I am the same Sarah. My biggest fear is thinking " what if it's more than anxiety and depression"" what if one day it gets to me so bad that I end up with more severe mental illness"" what if I never get better"!!!

This is our anxiety and as I'm sure you have told lots of people,anxiety lies. It takes a hold of a thought that normally we would just shrug off and it clings to it and torments us. 

When we are having a good day,we can even laugh that we thought that way but when we are anxious it comes back. A anxious mind creates these thoughts and we react to it with panic.

We are not going crazy sugar and my shrink said that if I was I wouldn't even know it.....

The fact that we question and reason with these thoughts is because we are rational,normal people who just so happen to suffer anxiety xx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks Gillian, so glad Ive found someone who thinks the same!!  My anxiety is a mix of past abuse/ fear of schizophrenia.  Can't wait to be able to manage it better!

Ive found a page about 'the fear of schizophrenia' and I feel like printing it out so i can keep referring and realise i do not have it!! xx 

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

It's terrifying..I know. Your waiting for the good days just to give you a little hope and promise yourself that you will remember this good day on the bad days but you don't. On the bad days you fear you will never be ok again. It's tiring talking yourself down and not quite believing it.

I think/ hope that it just takes time..

I keep telling myself I've done this before and will agin but then the negative thinks " what if can't this time"???

we just have to remember that it's all depression and anxiety and that regardless of how we are thinking,them little tablets are still doing there job and one day they will of done there job well enough for us to push that last way through this xx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I dont take any medication but Ive felt a lot better since Ive stopped being in denial about the domestic violence i received for 3 years until I left this Xmas. It gves me a 'reason' for the feeling which I like and extra motivation to get through bad thought episodes because I now think being better is a big F U to him ha! What triggered yours by the way? xxx
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

A needle prick injury at work.

These last 10 week have been a struggle but I'm hoping I find the big FU attitude soon because my ex would love to see me so hopeless and scared.

Today is a bad day for me but last night was pretty ok.

I just need to be better. I'm a single mum and although my son is almost 18, he still needs me so although sometimes I want the ground to swallow me up,that isn't a option.xx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Sorry to hear that! The book i swear by)metacognitive therapy for anxiety and depression) is really helping again, maybe you could look this up on google or amazon?? Things will get better, they always do!! xxxxxxx
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up